Keybinding

Moderator: AdminGroup

usaf77

Keybinding

Postby usaf77 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:55

Hello to all. Can someone point me to maybe a video that shows the most painless way for a noob to keybind his WW2 Gladiator stick and throttle to a game? I'd prefer using the VKD software to assign keys because I also use a separate game board/controller for the infantry part of the game and I have a mishmash of keys assigned for different things. So I can't really go into the game itself, WW2OL, and assign the buttons in its keymapper. I also have keys assigned for my TrackIR that I need to assign in VKD.

Its all a little confusing. Also I assume the VKD app has to be running for all this to work so do I have to start it each time I want to play? its not really a program that I can auto-start when I turn my computer on. This must all sound very simple to you guys but I need a little help here. Thank you very much.

fallout9

Re: Keybinding

Postby fallout9 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:43

First of all, our software doesn't have to run in the background at all. You just have to run it once, calibrate it, assign the buttons to your keyboard keys, then close it; all the changes will be saved into the joystick's internal memory.
Then, in order to have it working as you wish, you'll have to follow this tutorial which shows how to assign keyboard keys to joystick buttons. It's relatively easy to follow, but if you have issues please update this thread for further assistance.

usaf77

Postby usaf77 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 19:26

Outstanding. Thank you.

usaf77

Postby usaf77 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:01

Not having much luck here. I keep getting "error read CPUID" messages in the firmware. When I restart the firmware i keep getting 'need to calibrate". Im able to calibrate and the buttons light up in "test" but when I go to action/profile/buttons...............OK I got it working but can I ask this. Can you save your game profiles in the firmware and is there a Latch key you can use so you can assign two functions to one button or trigger. For instance the Saitek pinkie trigger allowed you to do this and I was thinking of using the lower trigger on the stick for this function.

I found the "save" button on the firmware to save the CFG files so I answered my first question. Thank you for the help.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”