Gladiator NXT EVO - Sw1 as analog?

Moderator: AdminGroup

dannymcgee

Gladiator NXT EVO - Sw1 as analog?

Postby dannymcgee » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:24

I just grabbed a Gladiator NXT EVO with the SCG Premium grip, and I love it! But I'm wondering if there's a way to use the auto-centering switch in the Sw1 position as an analog axis? I assumed there was a potentiometer in there and the firmware is translating the axis to virtual buttons by default, but I don't see the axis-to-buttons mapping in the configurator software, and setting buttons 25 and 26 to NoF didn't seem to reveal the axis either. Wondering if there might be something I'm missing or if it really is just a couple momentary switches with a spring lever.

fallout9

Re: Gladiator NXT EVO - Sw1 as analog?

Postby fallout9 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:16

Set Sw1's 2 buttons as Trimmer on Axis 8, one Tr+, the other Tr-; adjust the Multiplier depending on how fast you want the 2 buttons to move the axis:
n1.png

Mark the En, Vs, ACn and ACl checkboxes for axis 8 and set its Trimmer as Tr+. Press Set button to save.
n2.png

dannymcgee

Postby dannymcgee » Mon Sep 26, 2022 23:30

Thanks Fallout! But I think I might have been unclear. I have one of the newer bases with an auto-centering switch in that position instead of an encoder. So I'm not trying to emulate an analog axis via the digital signals — rather, I'm wondering if there's a physical potentiometer under there that I can read as a true analog input instead of a button pair. My intention is to use it as a zoom slider in DCS World so that I can zoom in/out temporarily, and have it auto-reset to default when I let go.

Fr4Ged

Postby Fr4Ged » Sun Oct 02, 2022 18:54

I just did what was described by Fallout and you are right.
The zoom does not fall back to 0 when releasing the Sw1 switch.

I just tried around and found out that using "Trimmer Auto +" instead of "Trimmer +" recenters the axis when the lever is released.

Works great in DCS as a zoom axis.

petsild

Postby petsild » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:41

I still have a question about SW1, is it physically 3 buttons or an analog axis potentiometer?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 21:08

This is an analog resistor, it can be turned on as the 7th axis and configured. It can be either absolute with a center (auto-return) or relative (without center, for zoom).
If the buttons are not needed, disable them.
Sw1 - Abs axes.jpg
Sw1 - Rel axes.jpg
Sw1-no but.jpg

petsild

Postby petsild » Mon Oct 23, 2023 18:24

Great information that the stick can be flipped to a real analog axis, thanks for the tutorial.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”