Virtual Brakes with GF3 MCG Ultimate with T-Rudder (one black box)

Moderator: AdminGroup

Hayduke

Virtual Brakes with GF3 MCG Ultimate with T-Rudder (one black box)

Postby Hayduke » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:17

I cannot get virtual brakes working in VKB Device Config with my T-Rudder Mk. IV and my MCG Ultimate GF3 (no twist) hooked up to the same black box. I would like to set things up so that I can use differential braking on planes in DCS that have it built in (like the Spitfire) and simulate differential braking on planes that have toe brakes (P-51, most jets, etc). I would like to use the brake lever axis to control the braking power so that I do not encounter the problems of a button press making the brakes go full on or full off.

I have followed every step listed in this thread: http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3570

When I set everything up according to the steps in that thread, nothing changes in the Axes test screen when I squeeze the brake lever and press the pedals. It just shows the brake axis moving and the rudder axis moving. I don't know if this matters, but I replaced all of the mini-sticks on the grip with hats, so those should not be taking up axis slots.

Is there something different that needs to happen with the Ultimate? I have read the VKB Config documentation and can't get anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Ron61

Re: Virtual Brakes with GF3 MCG Ultimate with T-Rudder (one black box)

Postby Ron61 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:26

Show your settings. Global-External tabs - MCG grip, Profile-Axes, Buttons, POVs. It will be more informative than any words.

Hayduke

Postby Hayduke » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:04

I had a CPUID error, so I re-flashed the firmware. Everything is back at default. Here are the requested screenshots.
globalexternal.JPG

profilepov.JPG

profilebuttons.JPG

profileaxes.JPG

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 18:32

You need the Profile-Axes, Logical axes tab so that you can understand how you tried to set it up. Now this is not visible.
And physical buttons.

Hayduke

Postby Hayduke » Sun Sep 25, 2022 17:16

Here they are
profilephysbuttons.JPG
profilelogical.JPG

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 17:45

And what do you expect from your configuration if there are no brake settings? Repeat according to the picture, each item, write to the Set controller and then check.
17.png

Hayduke

Postby Hayduke » Mon Sep 26, 2022 0:48

Like I said, I had to re-flash the device due to a CPUID error, so the settings reverted back to stock. That's why the brake settings were missing from the last image. I have no idea what the original problem was when following the instructions in the link I posted in the OP, because I did set BrakeV3 as directed in that thread. Either way, your solution here worked. Thank you!

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”