Help programming LEDs

Moderator: AdminGroup

MJJWalsh

Help programming LEDs

Postby MJJWalsh » Mon Aug 29, 2022 13:57

Hello,
I have a Gladiator NXT plus SEM rig. I thought I understood how to program the LEDs, as I have successfully programmed the large oval LED on my NXT joystick to indicate when I activate the Shift mode. However I'm just not getting anywhere trying to do 3 (simple ?) things:
1. To get the small red (is this just a Red LED or an RGB?) LED on the top of the NXT joystick to come on when I press F1 (navigation lights) and flash (preferably a different colour) when I press the red A2 button
2. The SEM A2 LED to come on when pressed (currently green - can this be changed to another colour?)
3. The SEM B1 LED to come on when pressed (currently green - can this be changed to another colour?)
4. The remaining SEM LEDs except for the 3 landing gear LEDs to be switched off.
Many thanks in advance for any advice/help
Mike

fallout9

Re: Help programming LEDs

Postby fallout9 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 22:08

The small, red LED on the head of the grip is red only. The larger, oval LED beside it is RGB. The 2 small, round LEDs on the base are one blue, the other red. The SEM LEDs are red and green.

1. You'll have to assign F1 keyboard key to a joystick button (see the keyboard to buttons guide). Then check that button number on the buttons' physical layer chart; the LED number for the small, red light is 11. Bellow I've set up button 12 to Fast Blink and button 16 to Constant color. As there are 2 functions on the same LED the top one of them will supersede the other, so you'll have to decide which one will go on top.
11.jpg

2. As an example, here's how you turn a LED off and then turn it on with a press of a button.
12.jpg

As a general rule, you could find your physical buttons' number on the Buttons/Physical Button chart, the logical buttons' number on the Test/Buttons chart and the LEDs' number in Test/Misc chart (change the LED N number and click Fast Test - that LED will flash on the joystick; you'll have to restart the joystick after this).

MJJWalsh

Postby MJJWalsh » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:24

Thank you for your prompt reply. I'm araid I'm still struggling. The F1 I was referring to is the 'F1' button on the Gladiator NXT joystick, not a keyboard button. It is currently assigned physical number 27. I have tried to follow what you have shown me but nothing doing! Any idea of what I am doing wrong? I just want the small red LED to flash (red of course) when I press F1 (which is when the navigation lights switch on).

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:54

27 is actually it's logical layer position. Physical number for that button is 6. So program it in LEDs with either P-Alternate 6 or V-Alternate 27.

MJJWalsh

Postby MJJWalsh » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:27

Many thanks Fallout - all completed successfully following your clear and very prompt instructions. I'm now perfectly set up just as I wanted.
Thanks again!
Mike

dp111

Postby dp111 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 16:55

I have been playing with my SEM LEDs this morning. In the past I was able to get them to default to red by checking the Invert box. Then they go to green with a button press (buttons 41-45) and back to red with a subsequent press. However, I decided I want the green to flash. Can't be done with red as default. Inverting also inverts the function as well as the color so that the default becomes flashing. In using the alt colors any selection other than all 0 results in a green LED. Selecting blue or red results in green no matter the intensity value. All 0s will at least set the default to no LED which is OK. A button press goes to flashing green and then back to no LED.
Screenshot 2022-09-29 095437.png

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 17:39

How do you install this jumper?
Pin Leds.jpg

To check all supported colors and location of Led, you need to enter its number and hold down the Fast Test button in the Test-Misc tab. After this check, you need to restart the controller to resume the work of Leds.
Now you need to understand that there are only two colors - color 1 and color 2. They may not match the real ones, but that's okay, the main thing is we can change them.
Test Led.jpg

You can try to set it up differently, for example, like this. The jumper is set to a different position from the default, without backlight. You can read about the settings here.
Led 42.jpg

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”