Tips for using the Omni Throttle Gunfighter VKB as throttle

Moderator: AdminGroup

Kaydet

Tips for using the Omni Throttle Gunfighter VKB as throttle

Postby Kaydet » Fri Jul 15, 2022 23:22

Hey guys,

Im trying to setup my Left Omni Gunfighter SCG as a Throttle for ED and normal flight sims.
I followed some earlier posts and tips. I tightened the dry clutch and removed the spring on the Y axis.

My goal is to set the throttle, take my hand of it and i want it to stay there. For me to acchieve this I need a very tight dry clutch. So my first question wear and tear wise, is it safe to tighten it all the way ?
Second more important Question; Even with this tight clutch the dust cover still moves the stick in the last +-10% of the Y axis back to center. The clutch wont overpower the dust cover pushing it back.
Any tips for what im trying to acchieve here?

Thanks a lot,

Mike

fallout9

Re: Tips for using the Omni Throttle Gunfighter VKB as throttle

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 22:18

The only parts that could get damaged are the 2 nylon pads that act like brake pads on a metal barrel. Expect to replace those about once a year or 2, depending on how much you're using the joystick; they're couple of bucks, so very cheap.
About the dust cover pushing against the joystick when at max deflection - try diffrent arrangments of it. Some people have even replaced it with DIY materials. It's a bit of a struggle to find the right fit, as the GF base have never been designed to work like that, or at least not like the EVO, which has been specifically designed to act as a dedicated throttle.

Kaydet

Re: Tips for using the Omni Throttle Gunfighter VKB as throttle

Postby Kaydet » Sat Jul 16, 2022 22:23

@fallout

Thanks!
After the holidays I’ll see what I can change!

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”