How to setup T rudder Mk5 with Gladiator MK2?

Moderator: AdminGroup

e32lover

How to setup T rudder Mk5 with Gladiator MK2?

Postby e32lover » Wed Jun 22, 2022 22:57

Hi,

I just bought the T rudder Mk5 for use with my Gladiator MK2 in DCS.

I have plugged it into my computer but I can't for the life of me to get my computer to detect the rudder pedals either through windows or through wizzo or dev config.

If someone could explain to me the process to get the rudder pedals to work that would be great. At the moment there is one green and one blue light on the black box.

Many thanks!

Ron61

Re: How to setup T rudder Mk5 with Gladiator MK2?

Postby Ron61 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 23:55

If you have a Gladiator, then connect the pedals not through the BlackBox, but directly to the joystick with a connecting cable. It remains only to calibrate the 7th axis of the pedals, now it is part of the joystick.

e32lover

Postby e32lover » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:20

Thanks for the answer, does that just mean that I have to buy a USB to "whatever that funny input on the black box is" cable?

Also I read somewhere that the MK2 gladiator may not be compatible but I think that was an old post in relation to an earlier version of the pedals, can anyone confirm?

Many thanks

Tuesday John

Postby Tuesday John » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:54

In the front (the side away from you) of the Gladiator Mk2 base, there should be a port that looks like an Ethernet port labeled "PEDALS." You connect the T-Rudders into that port using the ethernet cable that came with your T-Rudders. Once connected, pedals will function as the 7th axis for your Gladiator. Open up VKBDevCfg and calibrate.
Attachments
unnamed (1).jpg

e32lover

Postby e32lover » Thu Jun 23, 2022 16:31

OMG I'm such an idiot! Thank you so much I can't believe I never even looked at the back of my joystick. I spend hours last night mucking around with all the vkb software, flashing and calibrating my joystick etc.

Saw your post this morning and I was thinking I swear my stick doesn't have those inputs on the back but got home from work and took a look and sure enough just plugged the pedals in to the "pedals" input and it just worked straight away!

Fantastic pedals and stick! 10 out of 10! Plug and play, very easy to setup if you're not a complete idiot like me!

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”