Slew Control

Moderator: AdminGroup

dlw610

Slew Control

Postby dlw610 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 22:05

Can someone please explain to me how to set up the slew control using a mini stick on a Gunfighter Mk.III Modern Combat Edition? I've watched the Youtube vids from VKB but don't understand it. Why can't VKB put out tutorials explaining things while actually talking instead of pointing to everything because it's all blurry and I can't see it. Spent 500 bucks on something I can't use. Sorry but the software, tutorials and manuals for this thing are just ridiculous. Been using PC's since 96, have built numerous systems in that time and have never seen anything this confusing. Haven't found any thing in this forum either.

fallout9

Re: Slew Control

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 0:09

1. Calibrate your joystick.
2. Assign ministick to slew control in your game.
3. Play game.

dlw610

Postby dlw610 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 15:34

With all due respect Fallout, don't you think I tried that? DCS is not recognizing my input. It recognizes pitch, roll, twist rudder, brake axis and all buttons including the one on the hat switch. So it's not DCS, it's in the joysticks software, which I'm sorry to say I can't figure out. I've flashed it, calibrated it and tested it but the software is not recognizing the POV. I've watched the tutorial on how you're supposed to be able to assign it but it makes no sense to me.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 15:58

Screenshots from the configurator will be better than any words. You need the Profile-Axes, Buttons, Povs tabs. And specify what ministic is in question.

dlw610

Postby dlw610 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 16:36

Screenshots of what exactly Ron? Would it not be better for VKB to provide screenshots of exactly how to set up a POV on their product with simple to understand instructions? I have not changed any settings in the software since I reflashed this morning, so it's as if it's right out of the box and it does not recognize the POV hat switch.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 16:58

All functions are described in the manual for a long time. Well, maybe very specific and the new ones didn't get into it. I advise you to open p.74 (4.3.13) with the description of uStickSwitch (uSSw), this is exactly what you need.
Don't neglect screenshots - it's much easier and faster to understand what doesn't work and why.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 20:56

Which ministick are you talking about? There are 2 on the MCG Pro/U: Gate Cont and Master Mode.
Gate Cont ministick comes by default with only axes mode (could be programmed to get 2 modes - axes and POV, details here, here and here).
Master Mode ministick comes programmed in 2 modes - default mode is 8way POV which could be switched to axes in relative mode by pressing the center button.

The video guides are in HD format and certainly not blurry; maybe you need to adjust your screen resolution or set the max quality (HD) in video setting.

If you find the software too confusing it's fine, you don't have to program anything; just do a proper calibration and bind in game. If the game won't accept your input make sure you're binding properly: axes to analog controls, POV/hats to digital controls. Again, the Gate Cont ministick has 2 modes, make sure you're in the right mode when binding in game.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”