How to calibrate for zero'ing throttles in low range (THQ)

Moderator: AdminGroup

Berzerker

How to calibrate for zero'ing throttles in low range (THQ)

Postby Berzerker » Tue Jun 14, 2022 20:44

Hello, there seems to be an issue for some addons in Microsoft Flight Simulator for detecting a true 0% throttle input. It will only detect it at 00.00% if I wiggle the throttle a few times back to idle physically.

So my question: is there a way to calibrate the throttle so the last 1-2% is the actual zero point of the throttles? Basically creating a "deadzone" near idle so that any point in that last 1-2% is detected as truly 0.0%?

Thank you!

fallout9

Re: How to calibrate for zero'ing throttles in low range (THQ)

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 21:44

First of all make sure the module is properly calibrated. If not sure, please post a screenshot with VKBDevCfg showing the Profile/Axes/Physical and Logical Axes chart.
Second, make sure you're binding the THQ's throttles to an analog control in MSFS (Axes), and not digital (buttons).

Berzerker

Re: How to calibrate for zero'ing throttles in low range (THQ)

Postby Berzerker » Tue Jun 14, 2022 21:58

They are calibrated, the range shows a full 0 to 65535 range across the entire axis.

I'm also using FSUIPC to calibrate to the axis, but I assume it's a bug with the addon itself not properly detecting full 00.00% throttle. It has its own built-in calibration tool that I used to, I believe, get around the issue, so it should be ok now.

Thanks for your reply.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”