How to map CTRL key to button on MCG ultimate

Moderator: AdminGroup

mobbmann

How to map CTRL key to button on MCG ultimate

Postby mobbmann » Sat Jun 04, 2022 0:47

Im trying to map right CTRL to the MCG stick the small one on the left side of the stick just below the Reset button hat. I'm also trying to map the letter "H" keyboard key to the top right button of the stick.

rtrski

Re: How to map CTRL key to button on MCG ultimate

Postby rtrski » Sat Jun 04, 2022 15:45

In VKBDevCfg, go to the "Common" tab (at top), "Global" tab (at bottom), with the correct stick selected in the little list box at the very top. You should see a block in the window for "Keyboard" about in the middle with a selection box.

This is "OFF" by default - you need to turn it on to either "Classic" or "Modified" in order to be able to assign keyboard keystrokes to things. This also means the stick will load as an HID keyboard in addition to as a joystick.

Then you can go to "Profile" at bottom, "Buttons" at top, "Logical Layer" and assign a logical button function of type "Keyboard" and pick the key desired.

Last copy of the English manual I'm aware of is available here: https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/u ... 2_17En.pdf
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

mobbmann

Postby mobbmann » Sat Jun 04, 2022 20:53

Thank you so much, This software, while not the most intuitive, really lets you customize the functions without having to have software running in the background like T.a.r.g.e.t.

mobbmann

Postby mobbmann » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:24

I figured it out thanks to your help. There was one small detail though this is how it needed to be configured. I apparently needed to use the value "KEY_*********" and CTRL checked in the box for it to act as a simple CTRL key press. I attached a screenshot. Does this look right to you? it functions like a simple CTRL push as far as I can tell:

Screenshot 2022-06-04 172127.png

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”