How to bind two button to create one button ? + is it possible to have a hold function on buttons ?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Highcrown

How to bind two button to create one button ? + is it possible to have a hold function on buttons ?

Postby Highcrown » Sun May 22, 2022 17:14

Hello, I bought a dual nxt gladiator and I have two questions (for the moment :D) I would like to know if it's possible to use two buttons to create a new button ?
For example :
I have button A and button B, Button A is used for starting engine, button B is used for firing missiles. But I would like to press on A + B to create a button C, is it possible ?

My second question is : is it possible to have hold on button ?

Sorry for my english, I hope you understood my questions. :)

fallout9

Re: How to bind two button to create one button ? + is it possible to have a hold function on buttons ?

Postby fallout9 » Mon May 23, 2022 1:23

Try this:
- In Profile/Buttons/Physical Layer check the Pool box, then activate your 2 buttons and remember the cells that are flashing red on the chart. I've used buttons F1 and F2, which are physical buttons 6 and 7 (marked in first photo);
- Click mouse on the cell connected to your first button (photo 2, 1);
- In the new window set that button as Tempo ((photo 2, 2), type Tempo2 (photo 2, 3), long press directed to physical button 41 (photo 2, 4);
- Click on the logical representation of that button (photo 2, 5), set it as No Function (photo 2, 6) and close the window (photo 2, 7);
- Do the same for the second button, but chose a different physical button, like 42 in this example;
- Navigate to Profile/Boolean, click on the first box on the chart and set it the same as pic 3, changing only your buttons' numbers;
- When done close the Boolean window and press the Set button to save changes.

This procedure will confer a long press (hold) only when both buttons are pressed.

a1.png

a2.png

a3.png

Highcrown

Re: How to bind two button to create one button ? + is it possible to have a hold function on buttons ?

Postby Highcrown » Mon May 23, 2022 2:07

Thanks to you, I know how I can have a hold button but I don't understand how to use two buttons to have one, I'll show you some pictures it'll be easier ans I am already sorry for my beginners questions

On this picture I have few question for you : what does tempo 1,2,3,3s,3a means ? is it a timer for the tempo to works ? Is it possible to modify the tempo timer ?
What means 27 or 28 for the buttons ? Do I have to create a physical button for every virtual buttons ?

I tried to use your method and example to tell the program I want to use F1 and F2 to have a new button, unfortunatly when I press F1 and F2 at the same time, every three buttons are pressed for the program whereas I just want the third one to be pressed when I press on F1+F2, I'll show you what I've done :

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:59

Please follow all the steps, as presented, if you want to get same results.

Highcrown

Postby Highcrown » Mon May 23, 2022 12:28

Ok I understood where I was wrong, I didn't see I had to do a tempo on the second button

Is it the only way to do the method for the two buttons ? For example, if I would like F1 and F2 have a hold function AND when I press them simultaneously it trigger a third button ?
Can you answer to my last questions on my last post please ? I would like to understand in order to not disturb you again

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue May 24, 2022 0:38

For advanced programming you'll have to read the manual. You could also play and test any functions; nothing would break and if it doesn't work you could simply press the Default button to return to factory defaults.
There are also some software guides on our YouTube channel.

Highcrown

Postby Highcrown » Tue May 24, 2022 13:13

Okay, I will check the manual, many thanks for you help ! :)

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Thu May 26, 2022 10:45

Highcrown wrote:I have button A and button B, Button A is used for starting engine, button B is used for firing missiles. But I would like to press on A + B to create a button C, is it possible ?

It's not good idea IMHO. You can not press two buttons simultaneously. One will be first and registered. So in flight when you will try to press C, tou will stop engine. Or launch missiles
Please explain what action do you want IN GAME. Will think together))
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Highcrown

Postby Highcrown » Thu May 26, 2022 12:33

Hi, thanks for your answer :)

I don't know how to explain it better, I wanted to have a third button by pushing two others buttons in order to have per button 3 buttons (single pressing, hold pressing and pressing the 2 buttons to have the third one) but if you say it isn't possible it's ok, I think I have enough buttons right now with the hold function

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Thu May 26, 2022 19:34

You can set one button as modifier (Shift). Thus you will have more buttons))) Also you can have more than single shift))) + subshifts etc. Here you can find up to date manual https://disk.yandex.ru/i/fnmGvHOVPu1f5A.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”