Gunfighter 3 MCG Ultimate set up questions

Moderator: AdminGroup

mobbmann

Gunfighter 3 MCG Ultimate set up questions

Postby mobbmann » Sun May 15, 2022 5:10

I recently set up my new Gunfighter 3 MCG Ultimate and I love it. I currently have Soft Space cams with #30/#10 on each axis, 2% Dead zone on X and Y axis and damper set to where each axis bounces 2 1/2 times when pulled back and let go but still centering perfectly. My goal in this setup was to have accurate movements, stability of the damper and a perfect center without the hard center clunk. I like the space cams because I'm not fighting the stick force, it lets me fly longer without getting fatigued, its a little different than avia cams but I find I am more responsive as flight sessions progress. With that out of the way I had some questions after my initial setup.

#1.
Is 2% deadzone a concern or reasonable for a Soft Cam? What range of dead zone, if any is an acceptable range for Soft cams?

#2.
My Y axis cam has 1 lock washer on either side of the cam for a total of 2, one on the nut side and one on the bearing side. My X axis Cam only has 1 lock washer on the Nut side and not on the bearing side. Should the Y and X axis be the same regarding lock washers? Heres a picture of the Y axis and X axis respectivly:

yaxiscamwashers.jpg

Xaxiscamwashers.jpg

#3.
Ive had this happen about 2 times where the two white lights come on under the red button on the stick. I dont lose control of the aircraft at all. I've swapped out the usb cable to black box, different usb port, reversed and reconnected cable from black box to flight stick, cleaned heads of base and stick with alchohol, pushed down on stick when connecting. Is this normal? what are next steps in resolving if not.

#4.
For the view hats on the stick that are swapable, can you pull off the hats and move them around? I was trying to put two concave hats on the stick but I didnt want to try pulling on it and discovering the hard way that it was a bad idea.

#5.
what is this thing for?
wierd thingy.jpg

Thanks in advance

mobbmann

Re: Gunfighter 3 MCG Ultimate set up questions

Postby mobbmann » Tue May 17, 2022 2:21

Still having two white lights below red button on stick light up with no perceivable cause (happens with no input) I’m out of ideas. Time for a service ticket?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue May 17, 2022 6:38

1. There's no perfect recipe for that. Deadzone is small or large enough depending on your taste. I, for example, don't care much if my ship is drifting in SC, as I set up a button to kill both x and y axes.
2. Please watch this video. TLDR: some of those washers are also used as spacers, so the cam would stay properly on the guiding ball bearing.
3. If the white LEDs turns on briefly and you could see it on tester or feel it in game, then the grips is loosing contact with the base. If there's no side effect coming with that, then it's just a software glitch.
4. Yes.
5. That gets optionally attached on the back of the Black Box and serves as a cable organizer.

mobbmann

Postby mobbmann » Tue May 17, 2022 6:53

Thanks for the response,

Regarding:

So washer arrangements can vary from one gunfighter base to another? If not what should the arrangement be per x axis/ y axis?

Is there an incoming fix for the white lighting “glitch”? If so what time frame?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:15

2. Yes, it could be different.
3. Hard to tell, sorry.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”