Two Gladiator EVO's both with loose Y axis Magnet sensors

Moderator: AdminGroup

mobbmann

Two Gladiator EVO's both with loose Y axis Magnet sensors

Postby mobbmann » Wed May 11, 2022 21:33

A few weeks ago I had some issues with one of my Gladiator EVO's, specifically the Left Glad Evo. One of those issues was a loose magnet for the Y axis that creates a jittering effect in calibration and in game. I fixed the issue with a bit of super glue for the magnet and all was good.

Yesterday, in flight I noticed my plane pitching up with no input, not alot but enough to notice. I opened the calibration window and saw the same jittering on the Y axis that I previous saw for my Left Glad Evo was now exhibiting the same behavior on the Right Glad Evo.

I Removed the Gimbal (in record time) to examined the Y axis magnet under the circuit board. Touching the magnet with my fingernail was all it took and it fell out. After I was on all fours on the flour looking for a tiny magnet I reinserted it back into the plastic housing with super glue, just like the Left stick. Recalibrated the stick, and jitter was gone.

For what its worth, I ordered both sticks in march 2022, and april 2022. I just wanted to make you guys at VKB aware of what my experience was since i thought 2 sticks having the same problem going to the same customer should be unlikely. I want to emphasize that I am super happy with the two sticks and that the level of precision in flight, bearings, dampers at this price point is an unheard of before value.

Thank you.

fallout9

Re: Two Gladiator EVO's both with loose Y axis Magnet sensors

Postby fallout9 » Thu May 12, 2022 5:32

Thank you for reporting it and sorry for the trouble!

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”