Can I use the GNTX z-axis for P-51 Target Ranging?

Moderator: AdminGroup

tuffysdad

Can I use the GNTX z-axis for P-51 Target Ranging?

Postby tuffysdad » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:12

Hi: I am using a Gladiator NTX in DCS World flying the P-51. Because I have pedals, I want to use the z-axis of my GNTX to adjust target range (like the real thing). I tried it as an axis setting in DCS but the recentering of the stick caused immediate recentering of the range dial. Is there a way to change the z-axis to a continuous dial? The other option is to change the axes into buttons which would also work (but not as elegant a solution). Thanks for any feedback.

Ron61

Re: Can I use the GNTX z-axis for P-51 Target Ranging?

Postby Ron61 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:52

It is necessary to make the absolute axis of the twist relative. To do this, in Profile-Axes in logical, we change the value in the Mode column. Install the RMPL factor to your liking. Check the box "Cn" on the axis to remove.
Moreover, you can switch the same axis to another, virtual, on which the “target size” will be configured and switch to the right button. Watch from the Aux Axes buttons settings. True in the extreme version (2.108) does not work, use the previous 2.095 or extreme 2.109.

tuffysdad

Postby tuffysdad » Sat Apr 30, 2022 20:37

Thanks so much for the response. I apologize but I am fairly new at using the config tool. Could I ask for some additional details? My first challenge is to find the z-axis and not to screw up the X and Y axes! I see the axes are numbered 1-8 and I see the pulldown menu to change from "abs" to "rel". But I can't figure out which axis is which. Thanks again very much.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sun May 01, 2022 21:08

See this video.

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Mon May 02, 2022 20:23

tuffysdad wrote:Could I ask for some additional details? My first challenge is to find the z-axis and not to screw up the X and Y axes! I see the axes are numbered 1-8 and I see the pulldown menu to change from "abs" to "rel". But I can't figure out which axis is which.

Z axis is the GNTX axis number 4 in DevCFG - probable controlled by the throttle dial on GNTX base. See the axis name under the column "HID usage":

So at first just change the "Abs" for "Rel" for the axis number 4 - Z axis and test. RMpl probable adjust the response speed, leave at 1x at first.

The linked video seems for create a virtual axes with the twist axis when a button is pressed.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue May 03, 2022 20:30

The fourth axis is the throttle axis on the base, not the twist. The conversation was just for the twist, as there are pedals. And in the video, 2 axes are made, which are designed to adjust both the size of the target and the range.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”