Adding FSM?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Grumble

Adding FSM?

Postby Grumble » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:34

Hello.

I have a Gladiator NXT with the GNX SEM and THQ modules mounted on the side and I am extremely happy with it. I use it mostly for MSFS and currently have a few autopilot functions assigned to some of the SEM buttons and the heading bug to one of the GNX hats, but I can't bind all the functions I want and it isn't very intuitive as currently setup.

Can I add the FSM (using the MFH) to my existing setup, to transfer all of the autopilot functions onto the FSM, and use the freed-up buttons on the SEM for something else? I appreciate I will need to revert to default settings then detect the new setup and calibrate.

Thanks.

fallout9

Re: Adding FSM?

Postby fallout9 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 18:42

Sure, an FSM could be added to your build. Resetting to Default, clicking the Find&AutoConfig button and recalibrating are necessary so the new module would get integrated into the unit.

Grumble

Postby Grumble » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:23

Thank you Fallout9, that's much appreciated.

Knowing it's all compatible I will order the new module and mount, which will make using all the autopilot functions a lot easier. Plus it'll be an awesome looking hotas.

Once I have the new module, I will have plenty of spare buttons on the THQ and SEM modules. I have the three main axes on the THQ and the Flaps and Landing gear buttons on the SEM set up as you would expect, but is there any guide available to bindings / settings for the rest of the buttons and controls on these two modules, something either recommended by VKB for MSFS or that other users have arrived at through consensus? It would be helpful for me to have some pointers as to what others have found successful or useful, as I feel there are probably a few things I am either missing out on, or making much harder for myself without realising!

Thanks again,
G.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 19:23

Unfortunately it would be pretty hard for us to make a tutorial on MSFS, considering all possible combinations of modules and the huge number of available planes.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”