Button hold on with a press then off with a press of same button

Moderator: AdminGroup

mobbmann

Button hold on with a press then off with a press of same button

Postby mobbmann » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:26

I'm trying to set up the pinky button on my left stick Omni throttle gladiator evo as a WEP button that is held down with a single press, then deactivated with another press. thanks in advance for any help.

fallout9

Re: Button hold on with a press then off with a press of same button

Postby fallout9 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:18

Run VKBDevCfg as Admin and navigate to Profile/Butons/Physical Layer. Check the Poll box on the right side of the chart, actuate the button on your joystick, then click on the red flashing cell on the chart. Set it up as ButAlt, send the DefState to Off (if you want to be off by default), close the window, press the Set button, done.
Attachments
1.png

mobbmann

Postby mobbmann » Mon Apr 11, 2022 22:06

Fallout thank you so much, this simple feature has made life so much easier flying now. I am now flying with a Gladiator NXT EVO SCE (right hand) and a Gladiator NXT EVO Omni Throttle (left hand). I retired my TWCS throttle for the omni throttle and it is simply better in every way. I locked out the X axis with the plate and the twist axis with the screw. I also removed the Y axis spring and adjusted the 2 screws of the clutch to create enough friction to act as a throttle. I love the fact I can change from ww2 fighter setup to star citizen when I choose to. I will upload pics of set up. I figured out how to disable the led lights which was pretty straight forward in the utility software.

Just a small recommendation that this or a similar tutorial on a button press hold be posted as a sticky since its a very common need.

Thanks again Fallout.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 0:27

I totally agree on the EVO+OTA making a great throttle, this setup has replaced my left hand GunFighter base + SCG :)

1sascha

Postby 1sascha » Sun Apr 17, 2022 19:30

I'll just post this here instead of in my own "need help"-thread... :)

I have now set up my KG12's pinky-button as a toggle-switch thanks to the instructions from this thread.

But now I was wondering if it's possible to program one of the two LEDs on the NXT Evo's base as an indication light for that button's status.

Meaning:

Toggle button is set to "on" ---> LED on the stick's base lights up and stays lit until ....
.... toggle button is set to "off" ---> LED on the stick's base goes out.

Preferably the left/red LED I guess, since that doesn't seem to have much of a purpose in normal operation.

Thanks again!

EDIT:

Well, crap. Thought I'd be brave and using info from other threads concerning other VKB products and their LEDs, I messed around in the LED tab and now my right one doesn't light up any more when the stick is in normal operation. Plus I, of course, didn't get the LED to behave the way I wanted. :D

Help? :? :lol:

S.

1sascha

Postby 1sascha » Mon Apr 18, 2022 14:40

Nevermind... found this excellent VKB tutorial which explained *exactly* what I wanted to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pCr50-KRrU

First time I even heard about having to add those two crucial-sounding lines to the ini-file to be able to properly mess with LED-settings. So I did that, followed the rest of the guide ...

... and then...

VKB LED.jpg

Without the guide, I probably wouldn't even have gotten my head around the fact that it's only one LED on the base (LED 0), not two - as one as clueless as myself might assume, since there are two physical lights down there... :)

The Blue LED is now still on constantly in normal operation to show everything's ok and that the stick is connected. When I activate the customized toggle-switch (KG12's pinky lever or logical button 5), the blue one goes out and the red one lights up and stays on ('cause the button is acting as a toggle). Another push of the pinky-lever to "toggle off" will extinguish the red and bring back the blue one. Which is good enough for me as a toggle-switch indicator.

S.

1sascha

Postby 1sascha » Sat Dec 17, 2022 0:17

Gonna necro this thing:

Any way to get the MCG Pro's brake lever (set to act as a button press) to act as a toggle switch?

In VKB Config, I have my brake turned into a button (29) for IL-2 and I just tried the method described in this thread for it. It works fine with other buttons on the grip (physical buttons), but I can't seem to turn that axis-to-button thing into a toggle. Button 29 will still get triggered but it won't stay toggled on or off. I guess the fact that the poll function won't show button 29's cell light up when I pull the brake lever is an indication that this method won't work for a "virtual" button.... or is there another way of achieving this?

Basically, I want the brake lever to act as a button *and* set that button (29) to act as a toggle-switch ("ButAlt").

S.
Last edited by 1sascha on Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:47, edited 1 time in total.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:47

Try this method. True, for you it should be the 8th axis of the brake lever, and not the 5th, like mine.
And now the parking brake works.

Brake button.jpg
Brake button_2.jpg

1sascha

Postby 1sascha » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:56

Yup... that did it! Brake-lever -> button will now act as a toggle switch. Thanks for that! :)

Also: VKB Config will now show the button assigned to the brake-lever light up when the "poll" box is checked. Using the "normal" method of turning the brake into a button will not do that.

S.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”