Vkb twist axis split

Moderator: AdminGroup

Xtremist

Vkb twist axis split

Postby Xtremist » Tue Apr 05, 2022 16:23

Hello! My question is this; if i have a vkb gladiator nxt+gnx thq throttle, can i split up the stick twist axis to use it as a toe brake? And if yes, how? I can't do it the ways suggested in this forum, because i can't assign more than 8 axes, and they are all used with the gnx thq. I wouldn't need the stick twist for anything else, because i have a t-rudder. Thanks in advance!

Ron61

Re: Vkb twist axis split

Postby Ron61 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 17:13

Moving the checkbox, as shown in the picture, we get a full-fledged axis when turning the handle to the left from the central position. And already on it you can hang the axis of the brake in the game.
Brake Twist.jpg

Xtremist

Postby Xtremist » Tue Apr 05, 2022 17:24

Sorry, i was not accurate enough with my description. I would need the left and right half of the movement range of the twist as a different axis, to assign them as left and right toe brake.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 19:38

I have a working version of the settings, when using the zlink program, two devices (T-Rudder and GNX) are visible in the system as one. In this case, differential brakes are configured from a single axis of the pedals and just half of the twist axis of the grip acts as a brake lever.
Those. when pedaling in the center and turning the grip, both wheels are braked (the degree of braking force is regulated by turning the grip), but when giving a foot, the opposite wheel will be released and, together with the rudder, the aircraft will turn. If the grip is not turned (not braked), then only the rudder will be activated when giving a foot.
I really don't know how this would work with the THQ add-on plugged in :( .

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Tue Apr 26, 2022 22:51

Xtremist wrote:Sorry, i was not accurate enough with my description. I would need the left and right half of the movement range of the twist as a different axis, to assign them as left and right toe brake.

Look this topic please http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2597&hilit=split
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”