How to use T-Link for T-Rudders

Moderator: AdminGroup

fallout9

How to use T-Link for T-Rudders

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 0:04

1. Download T-Link;
2. Calibrate the T-Rudders in VKBDevCfg and close it (VKBDevCFG HAS TO BE OFF WHEN T-LINK IS RUNNING!);
3. Have your T-Rudders and the other device (the one that will control the brakes) plugged to your computer;
4. Run T-Link and click the Aux button (1);
5. Press Start button (2);
6. Press the arrow up button beside Test for brakes, then press the button on your joystick that you want to control the brakes - confirmation should come up on the main display;
7. Test - first press rudders left and right - you should see the rudder percentage changing on the right side of the window; press the brakes button controller, activate the rudders and you should see the Left Brk and Right Brk icons filling up and down.
8. You could do the calibration and adjust the deadzone for the rudder pedals in here, but it's recommended to do it in VKBDevCfg;
9. Press the Hide button (4) to minimize the T-Link software - your brakes button won't work if the T-Link program is not active.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-01-05 125208.png

tuffysdad

Re: How to use T-Link for T-Rudders

Postby tuffysdad » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:45

Thanks for posting this.

Krystof

Postby Krystof » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:48

A few weeks ago I bought a T-Rudder and a Gladiator NXT Premium L. I configured the T-Link-software as described in this howto and it worked as expected.

A few days ago I ordered a GNX THQ, attached it to my Gladiator NXT and configured it successfully. But from this moment on my T-Link-software (V0.75) only works when I delete the automatically generated T-Link.ini-file every time a start it, and I have to configure everything from scratch again. On the surface I don't see any different settings after a restart, but the brake-button is not working and cannot configured again.

[Target]
VID=231D
PID=011F
ID=00000000
Name= VKBsim T-Rudder
Virtual Device Number=1
Target Basic Reg=1
[Common]
Start Minimized=0
[Function0]
Name=Brake
Joystick=0
Button=1
Button_Out=1
[Function1]
Name=Accu
Joystick=0
Button=-1
Button_Out=2
[Joystick0]
Name= VKBsim Gladiator NXT L THQ
VID=231D
PID=0211

All firmwares are up to date (V2.090). If I remove the virtual controllers from the configuration then the T-Link-Software works great again. But this is no solution for me because then I cannot use all axis. I tried several changes in the ini-file (changed the Virtual Device Number to 0 and 2, moved it in the Joystick0-section, cofigured accu and tried different buttons), but without success.

Could you please update the T-Link.software, so that it works with NXT-modules which require virtual controllers, or describe manual changes for the ini-file so that the T-Link-software works again after a restart.

Thank you

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 15:22

Try deleting T-Link (whole folder), configure the GNX with add-ons connected (reset to default and run Find&AutoConfig) and only then install T-Link. And the binding of the brake button will be to the correct device.

Krystof

Postby Krystof » Sun Feb 13, 2022 15:59

Thank you Ron61 for your reply, but it didn't work - or it also worked only once until I restarted T-Link. Then I had exactly the same problem again. I did exactly what you suggested, but I additionally calibrated (in VKB Device Config) the stick after the autoconfig. The newly generated T-Link.ini has the same content like the one in my post from 7:48.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 20:07

I confirm it's not working with a Gladiator carrying a virtual device and I informed the developer.
Thank you for notifying us!

Dude_Abides

Postby Dude_Abides » Sun May 22, 2022 4:19

@fallout9,

Hi, I purchased a set of the T-Rudders just a month ago. I'm also currently running a Gunfighter MK3 MCG twist joystick with a MK2 black box. I had no major issues getting my computer/VKB device configurator to recognize my joystick, flash it, calibrate it, etc. However, I plugged the T-rudders into the black box, connected to my computer and nothing happened. I have two green lights on the black box for both the joystick and rudder pedals, but Windows doesn't recognize the pedals, the VKB device config doesn't recognize that the pedals are even plugged in, the T-Link software doesn't recognize the pedals (upon opening, it says "T-Link V.0.75 Pedals: DISCONNECTED").

I've been unsuccessful in getting any kind of action from the pedals at all and need help on where to go/what to do from here.

Cheers,
Andrew

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:28

GunFighter base and MCG Pro grip with twist have together 8 axes, which is the limit for any device in Windows (pitch, roll, twist, 2xministick 1, 2xministick 2, hand brake). If you want to use the rudders you have 2 options: 1. use their own Black Box, or 2. use the same Black Box, but reflash the BB with the MCG Pro 'no twist' firmware and lock the twist on the grip - this way, the rudders will replace the twist.

fighterace0

Postby fighterace0 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:22

fallout9 wrote:I confirm it's not working with a Gladiator carrying a virtual device and I informed the developer.
Thank you for notifying us!

Any update on this? My T-Link hasn't worked since I added the GNX THQ, all software latest.

fighterace0

Postby fighterace0 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:30

Krystof wrote:A few weeks ago I bought a T-Rudder and a Gladiator NXT Premium L. I configured the T-Link-software as described in this howto and it worked as expected.

A few days ago I ordered a GNX THQ, attached it to my Gladiator NXT and configured it successfully. But from this moment on my T-Link-software (V0.75) only works when I delete the automatically generated T-Link.ini-file every time a start it, and I have to configure everything from scratch again. On the surface I don't see any different settings after a restart, but the brake-button is not working and cannot configured again.

All firmwares are up to date (V2.090). If I remove the virtual controllers from the configuration then the T-Link-Software works great again. But this is no solution for me because then I cannot use all axis. I tried several changes in the ini-file (changed the Virtual Device Number to 0 and 2, moved it in the Joystick0-section, cofigured accu and tried different buttons), but without success.

Could you please update the T-Link.software, so that it works with NXT-modules which require virtual controllers, or describe manual changes for the ini-file so that the T-Link-software works again after a restart.

Thank you

Did you ever get a solution to this?

Krystof

Postby Krystof » Sat Jun 11, 2022 16:39

I am sorry, but it seems, that there was no update for the T-Link software in between; version 0.75 is still the actual one.

I am using a small batch that deletes the ini-file, so I only have to assign the button every time I start it:
DEL C:\ProgramData\Vkbsim\T-Link.ini /Q
START C:\ProgramData\Vkbsim\T-Link.exe

pablete

Postby pablete » Fri Sep 16, 2022 0:03

Hello,

I am trying to use the t-link application but the pedals appears as disconnected.

Both the pedals and the Joy (gunfigter Pro) are VKB products, and both are connected to the same "black box", so in the VKB shofware the pedals are an axis of the Joy .....?could that be the problem?
The version of the firmaware is 2.11

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 0:21

If the rudders are connect together with another joystick at a Black Box the T-Link won't work. If you want to get more axes on the rudders just search the forum for 'virtual toe brakes', there are several solutions offered.

pablete

Postby pablete » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:50

if I separate the devices into two different boxes I shouldn't have any problems with the t'-link configuration?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:46

No, it shouldn't.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”