LEDs - Can Gladiator NXT communicate with MSFS

Moderator: AdminGroup

JM98

LEDs - Can Gladiator NXT communicate with MSFS

Postby JM98 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 13:58

Does anyone know if it is theoretically possible to have LEDs light up if something is certain state in MSFS2020 (I guess via simconnect.?)
I see some networking section in the manual but it is over my head, perhaps someone knows a place where I could find out more. I am planning to buy addon modules when i can, which will help but it would be nice to have a LED light up for example to show lights are on, park brake on etc..(many possible uses..)

Many thanks! Jaap

rtrski

Re: LEDs - Can Gladiator NXT communicate with MSFS

Postby rtrski » Sun Dec 19, 2021 16:33

I'm not official by any means, but I don't think so. I think that would require some sort of serial data sent to the controller from the game. Does the game even offer any sort of 'status' API, first? (I found some references to SimConnect so it appears possibly so...)

You can link certain behaviors of the stick to the LEDs just fine, so if for example you set a trigger to 'fire' and set an LED to flash while trigger is depressed, the LED flashes while you're 'firing'. But the stick doesn't know you're firing in the game. (Bad example vs. MSFS, but you get the point.)

I've found in the manual where VKB sticks can provide some system function outputs even (mute, volume up/down, etc) but nothing so far where it can 'read' data from elsewhere, in order to provide some response.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”