Gladiator NXT keep led in certain state until next button press

Moderator: AdminGroup

JM98

Gladiator NXT keep led in certain state until next button press

Postby JM98 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 13:53

Is there a way to have an LED light up when a button is pressed (say to lower gear in FS) and have it stay on to remind gear is down and have it switch off when button is switched again (I use button 28 for this).
Of course, I have searched through the countless great tutorial vids and the forum but cannot find it. (Freely admit this is likely my fault!)

Many thanks,

Jaap

Crosius

Re: Gladiator NXT keep led in certain state until next button press

Postby Crosius » Mon Feb 14, 2022 19:35

I think you'll want to use the boolean RT Trigger for that. Apologies I am away from my gaming computer ATM so I won't have screen-caps from the interface.

Set up a Boolean RT with the input button is connected to the "T" input. The first time you hit the button, T will be set high and the output from the boolean will also go high.
If you set the output to trigger a LED event that should light the LED.

Boolean Latch.JPG
This Boolean will flip the virtual button on or off each time the physical button is pressed
Boolean Latch.JPG (13.16 KiB) Viewed 1830 times

The next time you hit the same button, the T input will be toggled low and the output from the boolean will also go low.
I think this will deactivate the LED event and the LED should go out.

LED Event.JPG
This Led Event is triggered if the virtual button is pressed

This specific example starts/stops flashing the two red/blue LED on the base each time the trigger is pulled.

Ron61

Re: Gladiator NXT keep led in certain state until next button press

Postby Ron61 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:09

There is one caveat here - how will the game react to the simultaneous operation of buttons 10 (Phys=1logical) and 127 virtual? Perhaps this option will suit you?
BA.jpg
Led BA.jpg

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”