How to configure A1 HAT in software. (Gladiator NXT)

Moderator: AdminGroup

Lirjet

How to configure A1 HAT in software. (Gladiator NXT)

Postby Lirjet » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:52

Hello, I will be replacing the ministick on my Gladiator NXT with the included HAT switch for the DCS A-10Cii. Is there any software configuration I must do after the ministick is replaced?
Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

fallout9

Re: How to configure A1 HAT in software. (Gladiator NXT)

Postby fallout9 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:12

Just reset to default and recalibrate afterwards. But until then you could use this guide to get there. And careful with the grip cable when taking out and mounting back the grip on the base :) use the sleeve.
Good luck :!:

Bansaii34

Postby Bansaii34 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 23:21

Well that's a hardware solution to a software problem alright...
I have created mode shifts and set up about 60 new buttons on my profile. Can I get an actual resolution that is not "just start over", please?

Also, is it possible to make the A1 Hat (or any hat) mode shift into a second Hat like how you could play with the ministick and make it 2 separate HATs or POVs that activate when holding down or pressing the center button?

Thanks for your time,

Bansaii

Bansaii34

Postby Bansaii34 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 17:04

OK so I managed to figure this out after watching Shift mode again and Trial and Error on subSHIFT mode.
I now have A1 as a Hat no push with depress being subSHIFT alternate to a SS1, and the A1 HAT is now buttons 81-84, again no push.
My only remaining question would be, is it possible to have these subSHIFTS exist as they are and ALSO to allow them to operate correctly in SHIFT1? I currently 'sacrificed' F2 in order to make that a ghost SHIFT0-2, and my entire joystick is configured to be the next set of buttons under SHIFT1...SHIFT2 is only set up for a few keyboard actions so no real loss, but I was hoping I would not have to lose this HAT completely if possible.

Thanks,

Bansaii

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”