Need help with Gladiator NXT for Battlefield 2042

Moderator: AdminGroup

PO_Hero_GG

Need help with Gladiator NXT for Battlefield 2042

Postby PO_Hero_GG » Sat Nov 20, 2021 21:44

1 - Device model and version: VKBsim Gladiator NXT R PRO version
2 - Controller Firmware version: v2.085
3 - Number and type of springs used: Not sure, none added / removed from the original arrangement.
4 - Тype of cams used: Not sure, none added / removed from the original arrangement.
5 - If VKB original software is used, please always mention its version: VKB Device Config v0.92.17
If the question is in regards to joystick/pedals axes, please additionally post: Joystick
6 - Vkbjoytester screenshots. Download it here: http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/VKB_JoyTester.zip
7 - Vkbdevcfg-c screenshots. Download it here: http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/; make sure you're downloading the newest version.
Altogether 7 (seven) points. Please do not omit any.
Posting screenshots is crucial. We need to see what is happening. Please upload the images to our server.
We are not following external links and not downloading archives from whatever file depositories.

Hello everyone,

I'm new to any joystick controller, and I was disappointed with my last one from an unnamed brand, so I upgraded to the one described above. I didn't mind the some-assembly-required, and I wouldn't mind messing around in the software. For instance, I had no problem flashing my firmware to the newest version (_Gladiator_NXT_v2_08_5.vkb) and no problem with calibrating the joystick afterwards. However, I'm having a major issue getting the axis correctly configured to battlefield 2042 (for PC). Although I see the correct axes respond in the VKB configuration software, there is no response from battlefield's "controller" keybinding setup. However, I am able to get any physical button to work. The hat, the x, the y, and the z rotation are not being picked up as inputs by battlefield. Furthermore, I tried remapping the axis to buttons, but I was unsuccessful in getting the button input to be picked up by the "profile > buttons > physical layer" when polling is enabled; however I can get these remapped axis to pick up in the "test > buttons / POVs."

I just want to be able to fly a plane with my new joystick, and it's turning into a very frustrating task. This controller speaks to me in that it is extremely customizable and easily user-serviceable, so I don't want to return it but I'm not able to figure out what's going wrong. If anyone could help by directing me to a previously posted thread or by explaining over text, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Hero

Cheyyen

Re: Need help with Gladiator NXT for Battlefield 2042

Postby Cheyyen » Sat Jan 22, 2022 14:45

I know it's very late after your post but the answer is simple - Battlefield 2042 doesnt support joysticks or HOTAS.

AquilaInvicus

Postby AquilaInvicus » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:42

This is long after the original post, but putting this up for others that may be looking for an answer to this issue. You can use the program JoytoKey found at https://joytokey.net/en/ to map buttons and axes to key presses, Not optimal and a pain to set up. I believe you can also use the VKB Configuration software to do the same but I have found it to be a pretty steep learning curve to use that.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:50

It's rather strange to use additional third-party programs for mapping keyboard keys, if this can be done in the configurator with just a few mouse clicks, don't you think?

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”