Chaning Generator (G8) Speed

Moderator: AdminGroup

Parabe11um

Chaning Generator (G8) Speed

Postby Parabe11um » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:26

Hi,

I'm trying to tweak Buttons 18 and 21 on my NXT SEM, essentially I would like to have flaps deploy (Button 18) and retract (button 21) in a set time as long as either button is held.

So far I have managed to do this using the G8 button type option, however, even when setting T Gen speed at 255 ms, the pulse is much, much to fast (I would like to slow it down to something like 1 button press per second the button is held).

Is there any way to accomplish this?

Best,
Parab

Parabe11um

Re: Chaning Generator (G8) Speed

Postby Parabe11um » Wed Nov 17, 2021 23:38

Bumping my own thread to ask a related question (lol), but is there some way to manually edit files to make the T_Gen.mS value greater than 255 ms?

I've tried doing so in the config software, but it simply resets to 255 ms even if I set it to something longer (using G8 works fine in IL-2 for planes with flaps that are % such as the 109s, but it's too fast to really be comfortable to use for things like the P-51).

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 0:10

I'm not familiar with what that specific plane needs, could you describe it? Does it need to press a button a certain number of times, or to press and hold a button a fixed period of time?

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Thu Nov 18, 2021 14:45

Different aircrafts have different flaps control mode. Example (Great Battles). Yak-X - single button press. La-5, Tempest - press button until flaps deploy to desired rate. Mustang - 5 flaps position correspond with button press number. How do you want to use G8?
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Parabe11um

Postby Parabe11um » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:04

fallout9 wrote:I'm not familiar with what that specific plane needs, could you describe it? Does it need to press a button a certain number of times, or to press and hold a button a fixed period of time?

P-51 has five clicks (0-10-20-30-40-50).

Basically, what I was hoping to do was for pressing the button to generate a button click at a slower pace (so say flaps switch is kept down --> one click per second = 2 clicks).

Victorus wrote:Different aircrafts have different flaps control mode. Example (Great Battles). Yak-X - single button press. La-5, Tempest - press button until flaps deploy to desired rate. Mustang - 5 flaps position correspond with button press number. How do you want to use G8?

I just want to use it as it currently is, but slower, conceptually the G8 function works fine for the P-51, the problem is even at the slowest G8 setting it still generates clicks so fast it's not really useful apart from min or max flaps.

Thanks for checking in!

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”