Is it possible to map 2 physical axis to 1 logical axis

Moderator: AdminGroup

Ionshard

Is it possible to map 2 physical axis to 1 logical axis

Postby Ionshard » Thu Nov 11, 2021 17:56

I have a left and right Gladiator NXT and I use the left one as a throttle for many space sims. However since the stick returns to center it can make long hauls a bit tedious. I am still getting to know the configuration software but this one is tripping me up.

I would like to know if I can have my Gladiator's Y and Z axis manipulate the same axis that the computer sees. This axis would just use the latest changed value from either of the physical axis. This would allow me to do the following:

* Fly short flights using the Y axis as throttle giving me very fine grained control
* When needing something like supercruise in ED I can release the stick and use the Z axis to control the throttle
* If I need fine grain control again I can just move the stick and it will control the throttle again
* Z axis is ignored until I move it again.

This is almost like trying to use the Z axis for cruise control.

Please let me know if this is even possible and if it is, any hints you can give to achieve it would be much appreciated!

Ron61

Re: Is it possible to map 2 physical axis to 1 logical axis

Postby Ron61 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 19:35

It is necessary to make a relative Y axis from the absolute axis without a center (uncheck the Cn checkbox), write to the controller (by pressing Set) and re-calibrate this axis.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”