I need help in programming my Gladiator NXT

Moderator: AdminGroup

MJJWalsh

I need help in programming my Gladiator NXT

Postby MJJWalsh » Wed Oct 06, 2021 16:41

I am very much enjoying my Gladiator NXT - it is superbly engineered, the feel greatly improves the immersion when flying, and it represents remarkable value for money - well done VKB for a superb product! However I'm afraid your software manual is letting you down. I see from elsewhere in this forum that I am not alone in finding the manual impossible to understand. I thought ! was fairly 'tech-savvy' but this manual leaves me baffled, despite real effort to get my head around terms and phrases that mean nothing to me. What I want to do is, I think, actually very simple, so I'd be grateful if someone could explain in simple terms how I go about doing the following:
1. I'd like to change between Mode 1 and 2 by using the 'pinkie' button
2. I'd like the large LED on the top of the stick to indicate the Mode as follows - Mode 1 in Green, Mode 2 in Red
3. And how do I then assign new numbers to each button/action when in each Mode?
4. Finally (and I appreciate this is much more complicated and definitely a 'nice to have' rather than 'must have' option) is it possible to do this: for the small LED on the left of the base (between F2 and F1) to flash Green when F2 (assigned to undercarriage raise/lower) is lowering the u/c, and then remaining permanently Green whilst the u/c is down; and flash Red when being raised and permanently Red when raised? Similarly for the right hand small LED between F1 and F3 when flaps are up/down?
Thank you in advance for your help and advice!
Mike

fallout9

Re: I need help in programming my Gladiator NXT

Postby fallout9 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 19:43

Let's try this Shift guide, hopefully it'll answer the 1) and 3) questions. Also, hopefully this LED guide would clarify points 2) and 4). If still have issues, please say where you got stuck and we'll go from there.

MJJWalsh

Re: I need help in programming my Gladiator NXT

Postby MJJWalsh » Thu Oct 07, 2021 14:02

Many thanks Fallout9 - Shift sorted and buttons allocated. I must have missed that tutorial as it was fairly straightforward! I'll try and tackle the LEDs over the weekend.
Thanks again for your rapid response.
Mike

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”