Button Template for the MCGU?

Moderator: AdminGroup

MrCosplayGuy

Button Template for the MCGU?

Postby MrCosplayGuy » Thu Aug 26, 2021 21:49

I know there is a button template for the SCG, but is there one for the MCGU?

fallout9

Re: Button Template for the MCGU?

Postby fallout9 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 21:59

We'll have one ready soon, but until then you could use this excellent template for MCG Pro made by our friend @rtrsky.

MrCosplayGuy

Postby MrCosplayGuy » Fri Aug 27, 2021 0:54

Do they have the same button layout?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:04

Exactly the same.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Sun Aug 29, 2021 14:26

MrCosplayGuy wrote:Do they have the same button layout?

I'm not quite sure what you were asking here....the physical layout is the same in the hand, MCG-Pro to MCG-Ultimate (unless you swap out one or more controls on the Ultimate, of course). But the "logical button numbers" might not be.

I originally made the PPTX fallout9 linked many many MCG-Pro firmwares ago. If I recall correctly the button logical numbers on the MCG-U when I upgraded did seem a little different. I never made a "default" MCG-U sheet, because for my use of the Pro I found I wasn't using the optional analog on the top center, so I swapped it out for a digital-hat-only almost immediately upon receipt (even before a cal and default check, silly perhaps), and also messed around with the logical assignments to keep everything below #32 for better compatibility for my usual game (Elite Dangerous).

So there's pictures of the MCG-U with a swapped top center emplacement in my new mapping sheets, but don't trust the tiny letters being accurate to the stock firmware's initial assignment. As I also added some TEMPO (long press vs. short press) features around, to stay under button #32 I even found myself using a few POV assignments here and there (e.g. POV-L-Up for a 'button' somewhere). I'm sure I'm a horrible hack and there are far more elegant ways to do this, but that's the beauty of the VKB Dev Cfg -- even a total duffer like me can git er done! :mrgreen:

But here's a link. The document's getting a little messy now as I have multiple pages (Beyond and Odyssey), multiple devices, including non-VKB ones, and tried to add a page for the LED understanding as well. You'll have to download and edit your own copy, link shouldn't let you edit in place, but the Ultimate page(s) might still be useful for you. (The zoom in pick of the back face is also my own with the swapped part.)

https://1drv.ms/p/s!AuHD2NL7qn3w-0U_lbJ ... P?e=ezb1oS
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”