How to make a virtual Axes?

Moderator: AdminGroup

ZeRoTool

How to make a virtual Axes?

Postby ZeRoTool » Sat Aug 21, 2021 0:36

Hello everyone. I have a GUNFIGHTER MK.III with an F-14 handle, downloaded the latest VKBDevCfg-C_v0.91.96, flashed it with the file _BlackBox_MK2_GF_F14_v2_05_5.

VKB pedals are connected to the same blackbox. I don’t know if I need to flash something else for them !?

I want to make it so that while on the handle the weapon selector is in the uppermost position (sp/ph) (without pressing) - the pedals work like a brake of the left and right wheels, respectively, and in any other position of the selector - do they work like normal pedals? Can I do this?

And if it is possible, can you create a profile, or simply explain point by point how this is done? And then something is very scary and it's not clear it all looks)

fallout9

Re: How to make a virtual Axes?

Postby fallout9 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 0:57

Hi there! If your rudders are connected to the F-14's Black Box you only need to calibrate the whole assembly: pitch, roll, twist, rudders. Here's a video about flashing and calibration the F-14 assembly. You're already flashed at the latest stable firmware, so you could skip that part, you could continue from pressing the Default button and recalibrating; when calibrating include the rudders in the process too.

About having 2 axes on the rudders do like this:
a1.JPG

- in Profile/Buttons/Physcal Layer check the Poll tab in the right side of the chart;
- put the Selector in SP/PH position;
- click mouse on the cell that's lighting up on the chart (1);
- in the new window set that button as AUX Axes (2), its function to Switch (3), Source: 7 (4) and Target: 8 (5).

a2.JPG

- navigate to Profile/Axes/Logical Axes and set up Axis 8 like shown (1);
- when done press the Set button (2) to save tha changes.

Now you'll have 2 axes on the rudders, depending on the SP/PH button; just assign in game one of them to brakes and the other to rudders.
(if you want to still have a button use on the SP/PH that's also possible, but a bit more complicated; let me know though)

ZeRoTool

Postby ZeRoTool » Sat Aug 21, 2021 14:19

fallout9 wrote:Hi there! (if you want to still have a button use on the SP/PH that's also possible, but a bit more complicated; let me know though)

Eah i need to still have a button use on sp/ph

ZeRoTool

Postby ZeRoTool » Sat Aug 21, 2021 16:20

all resolverd by Ron61)

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”