LED programming questions

Moderator: AdminGroup

fbar

LED programming questions

Postby fbar » Thu Aug 12, 2021 15:29

I recently received my new Gladiator NXT and I am loving it! It is really a step up from my T16000M, even though the price difference isn't that big. I also love the fact that you can customize everything, which leads me to a couple of questions about the LEDs:

I have learned how to program the LEDs, but I was wondering if someone could help me with a couple of things:

1. Would it be possible to add a delay for the LED switch-off. For example, if I push a button to activate a LED, I want it to turn off after a few seconds instead of right away. (like it does when using Logical Button as event)

2. This might be a long shot, but is it possible to have LED light based on a toggle from a simulator? For example, I would like to one of the LEDs be on if autopilot is turned in FS2020. I know I can use P-Alternate Function on a button as a workaround, but I am wondering if it is actually possible for the stick to get input from an external source like a flight simulator?

fallout9

Re: LED programming questions

Postby fallout9 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 21:44

1. You could make a Macro. Direct the Logical button to a Macro and set up how long you want the Macro to be active. If it doesn't make sense let me know, I'll make a chart.
2. Why won't you assign a joystick button to Autopilot, eventually make that button ButAlt (on/off button) and send it to a LED?

fbar

Postby fbar » Fri Aug 13, 2021 0:37

Thanks for the answers!

1. Sounds exactly what I am looking for! I'll play around with the macros this weekend and see if I figure it out.

2. Yeah, that's what I have done and it works quite well. I was wondering if I could somehow read information from the sim and send it to the stick, but I know that would be more complicated or even impossible. Just wanted to check if someone had tried to do anything similar.

Thanks again!

Viking

Postby Viking » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:13

fallout9 wrote:1. You could make a Macro. Direct the Logical button to a Macro and set up how long you want the Macro to be active. If it doesn't make sense let me know, I'll make a chart.
2. Why won't you assign a joystick button to Autopilot, eventually make that button ButAlt (on/off button) and send it to a LED?

I have a similar problem: I would like to link button e.g. to the F-14 autopilot heading hold function and see the status on the LED light. However, the AP could be turned off by other events, not only by that button. Is there any way how that external event would change the LED?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:15

Not that I'm aware of, sorry.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”