a little confused about firmware upgrade instructions

Moderator: AdminGroup

Bigdumb

a little confused about firmware upgrade instructions

Postby Bigdumb » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:22

I want to upgrade my firmware for my MCG Pro Gunfighter & watched this VKB Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBW0P1mlGno. The video says to choose your firmware by picking out your particular grip. The MCG Pro with the "unlabeled" original orange colored black box is one choice. The MCG Pro Mk2 is another choice. It's supposed to have a black colored black box . The box my Gunfighter came in says it's a Mk2, but it has an orange black box. So should I install the firmware for the unlabeled grip or the Mk2 , even if my Mk2 has a black box that is orange?

fallout9

Re: a little confused about firmware upgrade instructions

Postby fallout9 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:04

Both the video and the box are correct :) The MKII on the box is referring at your base and the specifications in the video are about the Black Boxes: orange Black Box is 'no label' and black Black Box is MKII.
So you should flash the firmware without 'MKII' in title.

Bigdumb

Postby Bigdumb » Wed Aug 11, 2021 17:58

OK , thanks very much! Seems like in this case they should only refer to the color of the black box & leave "Mk2" out of it. I got impatient & updated to the Mk2 firmware. If I redo the process , hopefully it will just overwrite .

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 18:22

It's nothing that could break your device, but it's advised to use the proper firmware. Nothing bad will come from reflashing.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”