Macro Help

Moderator: AdminGroup

fynflood

Macro Help

Postby fynflood » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:29

I think I've figured out the simple basics of macro here - but I can't seem to wrap my head around accomplishing multiple things or anything more advanced than a basic keystroke.

Here's what I want to do:

When the trigger is pulled (button 1), also hold F5 for 3 seconds. When I release the trigger, hold F4 for 3 seconds.

In this way, I will still be able to Map the trigger to the fire group, and also adjust some power while I'm doing it, and release the power when I let go. If that's possible, would someone kindly tell me how, please?

o7
--
Fyn

fallout9

Re: Macro Help

Postby fallout9 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:07

It's a bit complicated, but let's try this.

First check the Poll box (1) in Profile/Buttons/Physical Layer and click your trigger. Mouse click on the cell that's lighting up on the chart (2).
In the new window set the trigger as SwitchCB (3), forwarded to complementary button #65 (4). Depending on what game you're playing you might want to position that button within the first 32 buttons as otherwise won't get recognized in game (example: Elite:Dangerous), but if you're doing so be careful not to override an already used position on the chart.
1.JPG

Next click on the cell #65 on the chart; hovering mouse above cells reveal their number(1). Set that cell as NoFunction button (2).
2.JPG

Now click on the cell #66 (1), click on its logical representation (2) and set it up as Macro (3) number 1 (4). Do the same for cell #67, but set it up as Macro #2 (4).
3.JPG

Navigate to Profile/Boolean and click on the first cell (1). In the new window set its function as '2AND' (2). Do the same changes as below; the idea is to create logical button 66 by connecting it with its physical button and to combine it with the trigger button. The trigger will activate a button and button 66 will activate a macro (the keyboard key) and the Boolean function is making the right connections.
4.JPG

Still in Booleans, the second one will make the connections for the second stage of the trigger (when the second key is pressed).
5.JPG

In Macro: activate the Enable box (1) and the Auto option (2), set your first preferred key in line 1 (3) and the second in line 2 (4). Set up the time you want these keyboard keys to stay active (5) and hit Save to save the changes made in the Macro section (6).
6.JPG

Finally, activate your keyboard in Global Profile (1) and press the Set button (2) to save all these changes.
7.JPG

fynflood

Postby fynflood » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:07

Thanks, @fallout9! I think I follow this alright, but I don't seem to have the Boolean option in my setup. I have User=developer set in my config. Is there something else I need to do?
onlyBoole.png

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:51

Actually yes, you have to update your firmware by following these steps:
1. Download the bootloader;
2. Download the firmware pack;
3. Unzip both files in the same folder where VKBDevCfg is (it's advised to have a dedicated VKB folder);
4. Launch VKBDevCfg as Admin and click the Bootloader button under Tools tab;
5. Navigate to the firmware file folder and load up the file called _Gladiator_NXT_v2_05_5.vkb;
6. After the bootloader finishes launch VKBDevCfg and click the Default button under Tools tab;
7. Go to Test/Axes1 tab and click on the Start Calibr button;
8. Move your pitch, roll and yaw axes all the way, slowly at the end;
9. Move the mini-throttle up and down;
10. Press on the center button of A1 ministick and move it all around;
11. Press the End Calibr button.

fynflood

Postby fynflood » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:26

Nice! Thank you so much! I think I just about have it sorted out now. I can't quite seem to figure out how to introduce a delay, say 1 second, in between. I don't quite understand the Time Sets (the docs lack any definitions or explanations there).

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 20:27

If by 'in between' you're referring to the keyboard buttons, then I don't think you can, because that depends on how long you're pressing the trigger. I mean the first key which activates in the moment when you press the trigger will stay active exactly how long you're setting it up. If you'll set it up to 3 seconds and press the trigger only for 1 second, then the key will stay active for 2 more seconds after the trigger has been release and only after that the second key will activate.
You could also simply assign keyboard keys to stay active as long as a button is pressed - pull the trigger / first key is active, second key is off; released the trigger / first key is off, second key is active.

fynflood

Postby fynflood » Wed Aug 04, 2021 22:46

Gotcha. Thanks for all the help, good sir. I really appreciate it!

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”