How to use Toe Brakes (virtual) with SRS?

Moderator: AdminGroup

WelshZeCorgi

How to use Toe Brakes (virtual) with SRS?

Postby WelshZeCorgi » Mon May 24, 2021 1:31

So I RIO online often and use SRS to communicate so my old Saitek pedals with toebrakes work fine. But trying to switch to the T-rudders, I'm not able to use SRS because there are no toe brakes. I did hear that you are able to use virtual toe brakes? How do I set this up and are you able to use SRS with these virtual toe brakes? (Left pedal for Intercom, Right pedal for selected radio.)

I tried using T-link but for some reason, it's saying it's disconnected, (when it isn't. It's connected to a Blackbox V2 along with the MCG pro that I have (no twist)

fallout9

Re: How to use Toe Brakes (virtual) with SRS?

Postby fallout9 » Mon May 24, 2021 2:40

Check out this thread (there are more links in there).
T-link works with an external device, not with both joystick and rudders through the same BB.

WelshZeCorgi

Postby WelshZeCorgi » Mon May 24, 2021 23:20

So that was... incredibly difficult to follow. I did manage to assign 3 axises to the T-rudder and so I assigned the left pedal push to left brake and right pedal push to right brake and still use the original rudder axis to control the Rudder.

I can leave it here but I do have one question.

Is it possible to assign a button, switch or axis (like the MCG pro handlebar lever) to activate one pair of axis (rudder brakes) and disable the other axis (Tail Rudder) and switch back and forth with the press of the button or pull of the lever?

Mora

Postby Mora » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:10

I think the best option would be to use the "AXES2BUTTONS EDGES2" function to configure a button press at either end of the axis. That's what I use for left or right braking and it works wonderfully. I've never bothered with the T-Link. The software is daunting at first, but it really starts to make perfect sense after spending a whole day using it and trying different things. You could for example configure 15 different button presses to an axis with "ZONES" function, which can be used to speed up the start up process in DCS. If this is not enough you can create addidional axis from the same input and have 15 buttons more for each of them.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”