Pay for Gunfighter Profiles

Moderator: AdminGroup

katoman1932

Pay for Gunfighter Profiles

Postby katoman1932 » Tue May 11, 2021 14:36

I am a new-to-VKB Gunfighter patron age 90. I have spent the last two weeks in an effort to utilize the demanding VKB programming software with little success. I am doubt that I will live long enough to truly understand this program and once again enjoy flight simulations.

I am very willing to pay for profiles developed for my Gunfighter stick for the following simulations: Rise of Flight, IL-2 and X-Plane 11.

rtrski

Re: Pay for Gunfighter Profiles

Postby rtrski » Tue May 11, 2021 16:04

I would happily give you any, if I thought it would work, and if I played those three. I suspect many others would too.

Have you posted on game forums by any chance for them?
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue May 11, 2021 18:27

Hi katoman!
The only thing that you need to do before binding controls in your games is to calibrate your joystick.
Not sure what grip you have, but here are guides for calibration for all VKB grips(ignore the flashing new firmware part at the beginning of video, just jump to calibration and follow up):
- for GunFighter base and MCG/MCG Pro/ MCG Ultimate grips: https://youtu.be/LBW0P1mlGno
- for GunFighter base and SCG (Kosmosima grip): https://youtu.be/mCajFZ9e9gw
- for GunFighter base and KG12 grip: https://youtu.be/fU4CbKhGm_w
- for GunFighter base and F-14 grip: https://youtu.be/GL5uFezr2xg

Also, the base comes equipped with #20 springs, which are a bit soft for some. If you want to add some springs here is a guide to do it: https://youtu.be/xRVab9Hq40Y
But if you find the procedure too complicated please let me know and I'll arrange to have your base shipped to someone who could replace the springs and then ship it back to you.

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Tue May 11, 2021 18:45

I have an idea! However, it would be important to know what your mother tongue is. For example, if you understood German, my suggestion would be to meet at Teamspeak. You can communicate while you work with the software at the same time. But I would never want any money for it !!! Just the fact that you are still grappling with this topic at 90! You have my greatest respect and it would be my great pleasure to be at your side!

katoman1932

Postby katoman1932 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:10

I am truly elated to have received such positive replies to my request for assistance in setting up my VKB Gunfighter. Unfortunately I am limited to English. I have not requested assistance on the three forums mentioned and will do so today. I have mapped the following: 10,11,12 and 13 for bombing procedures as well as POV 1 for head movements.

My experience with computers is limited to simply building my last two desktops, programming my N-scale model trains with German ESU components and German layout software RR&Co and lastly digitizing my 35mm negatives and hardcopies for my Nikon film F5.

I acknowledge that walking around in a 90 year old skin almost always assures a reduction in active cells in the brain! Ergo, I accept the fact that I am really really really struggling with the VKB programming procedure.

However, I will continue to return to my task as time permits. I am my wife's caregiver and she is my first priority.

Thank you one and all for your kind offers. I am impressed by the kindness of the folks within this forum.

God bless everyone and do keep safe from COVID-19. I am fortunate in having received my second Pfizer vaccine shot.

Drano

Postby Drano » Mon May 31, 2021 21:06

A profile isn't a profile. Much as anyone would like to help, you haven't said what game you would like a profile for. They'd all be different as there's no standard mapping from game to game. So there's that.

The only thing that IS standard are the commands the stick generates by default. They're DirectX button commands. If you haven't done anything to the stick but default and calibrate, that's what you'll get. That's the base profile. Find those by looking at the button tester in the software. You'll see a field of buttons with the number IDs. Start pressing buttons and hats to see which is which. The field of buttons will flash one when you press a button. But you'd still have to map those within whatever game you're playing and the process for those are again, all different. Then there's the axii on the grip in addition to the base. More stuff to map. Ain't nothin easy!

But that might be the easiest way to figure out a profile if you didn't want to mess with Devconfig at all. It's a very powerful but also very complicated software. It's not easy to grasp. Heck I've only scratched the surface of what it'll do myself!
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

katoman1932

Gunfighter

Postby katoman1932 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 15:17

Let me end my search for shared "buttons and hats" commands [I had been calling them "profiles"]. Just as with my German ESU Command Station for my model rail system I will need to take my time through trial and error to learn a new software program. I acknowledge that it has hidden [to me] powerful commands just as my German RR&Co software program has for scheduling the arrival and departure of engines from train stations.

I was just being lazy in my old age!

Shame on me!

Again, thanks one and all for taking time to "hold my hand" and encourage me through the neophyte process.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”