the config software drives me crazy!

Moderator: AdminGroup

vk_gotcha

the config software drives me crazy!

Postby vk_gotcha » Tue Apr 13, 2021 19:29

The actual button numbersd and logical layer button numbers are constantly mixed up. I have a gladiator NXT but I don't think that matters.
example
Physical Button 30 has logical value 16. If I press automapping it assigns virtual value 30. I have to maually put it back to 16 else it starts interfering with virtual button 30, which is assigned to another button physical button 32). This also happens if I want to correct an assignment. For instance I assign a keyboad letter KEY_A, then want to correct it and change the button back to 'button' and it now has value 30 instead of 16. physical and virtual buttons are now linked. You can unlink them by manually putting everything back if you remember virtual and physical button numbers but with great difficulty. Anyway you have to make a list of the two or remember all assignments

another example
I assign a cyclic switch to button 30 because I want it to alternate between the ketters 'N' and 'X' in the game. When I assign cyclic the first virtual button has the number 1 and the second virtual button has 2. I assign N and X to both positions. Howver, physical buttons 1 and 2 are asign to the rotary wheel which now has the same keys assigned, the ohysical values of the rotary wheel are 1 (up) and 2 (down) which have normallyvirtual buttons 23 and 24, but the wheel also has X and N

and voila

some minor things:
if you check keyboard in test this blocks everything until you uncheck it, and a few other windows that popup wher they shouldn't

maybe these are not bugs but it is by design, but then the logic is beyond me!
I hope this helps, the hardware is great!

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”