Gunfighter mk3 trim for Condor2

Moderator: AdminGroup

mhjgroenen

Gunfighter mk3 trim for Condor2

Postby mhjgroenen » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:54

- I am using Gunfighter mkIII for Condor2 Glider simulator on Macbook Pro + Parallels + Windows10.
The stick Pitch and bank work quite well. (as well as the T-rudder)
- Now I want to assign a button as trim+ trim-. Preferably the grey button at my thumb.
- I have flashed the controller with VKBDevCfg-C.exe to Gunfighter MCG Pro Twist v2.025. (I also tried to flash MCG Ultimate Twist v2.025, there are only mk3 loaders, no mk3)
- Next Tools -> profile -> Buttons -> Physical layer and set the "Poll" tick.
- Problem: None of the buttons I press show any activity in the Line 1-8 or Reg#1-5 Matrix. So how to assign a trim button. What am I doing wrong ?

fallout9

Re: Gunfighter mk3 trim for Condor2

Postby fallout9 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:58

MCG Pro and MCG Ultimate are 2 similar looking, but different grips. They each require a dedicated firmware and won't work properly with any other.
So, if you gave a MCG Pro grip with twist then flash this firmware: _BlackBox_MK2_GF_MCG_PRO_Twist_v2_02_5.vkb; if you have the MCG Ultimate grip then flash this one: _BlackBox_MK2_GF_MCG_Ultimate_Twist_v2_02_5.vkb. If you have a black Black Box please make sure you are flashing the file containing the 'MK2' in title, as the ones above.
Here's a guide for MCG grip flashing and calibrating (the procedure for MCG U is the same, with its own firmware though). After flashing don't forget to press the Default button and calibrate. After that I'm sure you'll get access to those inert buttons; please shout back if you don't.

mhjgroenen

Postby mhjgroenen » Sun Apr 04, 2021 14:49

Thanks for your feedback. I followed all these steps but only the AXIS-X and AXIS-Y by the stick movements work. The other buttons still not.
Worth to mention is that I see a communication error, Flashing red LED2 on the black box, as well as in the "devices" tab.
Any suggestion how to resolve this ? Why do X and Y AXIS work with a communication error ? Blackbox connections: S-bus to Gunfighter, USB to MacBook via Dell Monitor and thunderbolt 3, L-Bus and Pedals not connected. The T-rudder goes via the other blackbox and works fine.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Sun Apr 04, 2021 15:38

mhjgroenen wrote: Why do X and Y AXIS work with a communication error ?

Axes and buttons have different controllers. Try to reconnect grip to base.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

mhjgroenen

Postby mhjgroenen » Sun Apr 04, 2021 16:17

I did the following without success:
- swapped and reflashed the blackboxes
- opened the grips and disconnected/connected three internal connectors.
Any other suggestion for inspection?
There is a jumper on the first PCB is the position ok, not second jumper missing ?
The are two GRIP headers. Is the shown GRIP connector correctly placed ?
Attachments
IMG_9441.jpeg
IMG_9443.jpeg

Drano

Postby Drano » Sun Apr 04, 2021 17:29

Victorious was referring to the physical connection between the grip and the base. It's a modular system made so that you can swap different grips on the same base but they all share a common connection. If you're having a red light that means there's some problem with the black box getting a signal from the grip thru the base to the black box. The grip has a PCB that's connected to the base PCB that's connected to the black box PCB. Clearly you're getting a signal from the base, where the axii controller is, to the black box. So your problem is likely above the base. Maybe at the point they meet. That's a good starting point. Take the grip off the base. Now inspect the three connection pads on the base Ava make sure they're clean. A pencil eraser is good for this. Now flip the grip upside down and look into the recess that fits into the base. Your should see three contact pins sticking down in there. With that same pencil eraser (or something similar) very lightly push on each pin. You should feel them give and then push back as you release as they're on springs. Do not press really hard on these. If they feel OK the next step is to reseat the grip to the base making sure it's fully seated. Push down until it stops and tighten the clamp holding it on.

Try those steps to rule out anything silly. There is a reason I said "likely" above but let's rule this out first.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

mhjgroenen

Postby mhjgroenen » Sun Apr 04, 2021 18:56

Thanks Drano, the connection pad are not easily accessible with a pen eraser. Instead I used contact spray, but nothing helps. Can you confirm that the just above the first contact pad there is only one jumper on the outside? Could it be that the second jumper is missing for the supply of the second controller ?

mhjgroenen

Postby mhjgroenen » Mon Apr 05, 2021 0:05

Can someone confirm there is only one jumper on the first base PCB placed on the outside? Where is the other jumper used for?
@fallout9 do you know ?

mhjgroenen

Postby mhjgroenen » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:29

problem solved. The stick wasn't pushed deep enough into the base. The three plates didn't make good contact with the stick pins
Last edited by mhjgroenen on Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:19, edited 1 time in total.

Drano

Postby Drano » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:46

That'd do it! Glad you got it sorted out. Enjoy!
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Mon Apr 05, 2021 20:45

mhjgroenen wrote:problem solved. The stick wasn't pushed deep enough into the base. The three plates didn't make good contact with the stick pins

!I tried to say about it. May be not so clear))) Congrats!
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”