Can I turn off the Gladiator NXT blue LED?

Moderator: AdminGroup

capt_nopants

Can I turn off the Gladiator NXT blue LED?

Postby capt_nopants » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:59

Good folks,

I just picked up 2 gladiator nxt's. Like them so far. Question though - might have been asked before but search function doesn't show it... so here it goes...

Since my gladiator nxt's are sitting on my desk the left stick is in a spot that is always near my monitor - thus I always see the little blue light on the top of the stick... all the time. Its annoying me. It looks like there might be a way for me to either dim it, or turn it off looking into the manual... but... this manual needs some work or I am way out of engineering practice. Can I do this, and if so how do I go about doing this?

Thanks.

Ron61

Re: Can I turn off the Gladiator NXT blue LED?

Postby Ron61 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 19:33

Check out this post. I think it won't be difficult to turn off or dim the Leds. If it doesn't work right away, attach a screenshot of the External-Leds tab from the configurator to configure it.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Thu Mar 18, 2021 21:01

Launch vkbdevcfg.exe. Open External - LEDs tab. Zero event shows that joystick works normally. Bright LED has # 10. It constantly shines with color1. Press COLOR1 button and decrease color component brightness, press OK. press Set.
led10.jpg
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Atomiktoaster

Postby Atomiktoaster » Thu Mar 18, 2021 23:01

Before you can access the LEDs tab, you need to first open zconfig.ini in notepad, and add the line "User=Developer" under the User heading. Otherwise the LEDs tab won't be visible.

capt_nopants

Postby capt_nopants » Sat Mar 20, 2021 0:15

Thank you very much for the quick responses guys, MUCH appreciated!

Though my CFG app is using a different skin and slightly different layout, Victorus's post showed where to go. Fortunately I did not need to add the "User=Developer" line in the zconfig.ini to get access to the LED's so I suspect this is a change they have made in the software due to people like me requesting this. I was curious to see if there was a difference when I did add that line in and launch the software, I could not see a difference in menus and access at a quick glance.

I've decided to "try" setting the always on top led to 0,0,1 for a much dimmer blue. If I find this to still be bothersome looks like I can set it to all 0,0,0 and have it off. See the screenshot for the specific spot Victorus referenced, I've highlighted it on the screenshot if anyone else comes across this post.

Again, thank you guys SO much for the quick response. I'm new to the Gladiators NXT and so far loving them. I also love that IF I want to, I have an amazing amount of control over this stick with this software. Hats off there to the VKB guys - I just need to fully read the user manual and understand it.
Attachments
two.JPG

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:47

To disable any specific Led, you can not select an event for it by setting External there.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”