Macro timing ?

Moderator: AdminGroup

condor64

Macro timing ?

Postby condor64 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:10

Hi
I have VKB device config v0.91.78 and i just find how to activate "macro" . However, is there a complete tutorial to use macros ?
Is it possible to introduce time between two macro commands?
Thanks

Drano

Re: Macro tutorial ?

Postby Drano » Wed Mar 17, 2021 21:17

Click the Macro tab in the configurator. If it's not there you might need to add a line to the zconfig.ini file that should be in the same folder as the configurator. Edit it with notepad. Add "user=developer" without the quotes and save. Restart the configurator, the tab should be there now. Next, in the global tab in the keyboard section select "classic". It won't type anything if this isn't selected. This has to be selected in order to do macros.

OK, in the macro tab you see a field with 4 columns labeled "action". At the far left of the columns the rows are numbered going down, 1-118. To make your first macro, start with column 1, row 1. This will be macro1. For example, my macro1 ends flight in Aces High. The command is" /.ef<ent>". So that's 5 characters but you only have 4 columns. Moving left to right press the first box, select keyboard and put a /, next box a ., next an e, next an f. Skip to the next row (row 2, column1) to complete the macro and put the enter key in the first box. That macro is complete. The remaining three boxes in row two should have no function selected.

Now here's the part that threw me at first. Next macro will start in row 3. It isn't macro2 although you'd think since it's the second one that it is. The number of the macro corresponds to the number of the row it starts in. So it's macro3. My next macro designates to salvo a single bomb or rocket. So same as before, moving left to right from row 3, column 1, the command is "/.salvo<spc>1<ent>". But that's 10 characters! No problem. To continue subsequent longer macros, check the box at the end of rows 3 and 4 filling in the keystrokes as you go again moving left to right in a row, make the last two boxes in row 5 as no function. Do not check the box at the end of row 5 as this macro does not continue to the next row. This will complete macro3. The next macro would be macro6. Follow?

Add more macros in this way as you go. You can make them as long as you like as long as you remember to check the box at the end of the row if you need to continue the macro. You're limited to 118 rows worth of stuff. When you're done click the "set" button to the right. The macros you made are now sent to the stick. Probably a good idea to save the macros you're putting together too. Click save on the right side and it'll save a separate macro file so you can have different sets of macros ready for different games. To change them just click load , select the file to load it and then set it. The stick is now loaded with those macros.

OK so now you have some macros available to the stick. How to assign them to a button? Find the button you want to map. To do this click the profile tab. Click on the physical layer tab and check the poll box there. Press the button you're looking to map. The box for that button should blink when you press it. Make note of it's location, (which line and reg#). Now click the logical layer tab. Now click the box you identified in the last step. In the middle part of that box you'll see a dropdown list. Select Macro. Now in the box to the left of it select the macro you want. In the action bar click set. Your macro is now assigned to that button on the stick.To test it click the test tab, buttons and POVs tab. Check the keyboard box. Press the button and it should type the macro you set. Be sure to clear the box and uncheck the keyboard box before leaving that screen or it's gonna lock up your keyboard.

If it's working the way you want, in the action bar click save and name the profile. That will save everything assigned to the stick so you can switch back and forth in different games with different button maps on different files. Just load the one you need. Done.

It's a lot less complicated than it sounds and once you're done it a couple of times you'll fly right through it. I hope I haven't missed anything. Good luck.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

admiki

Re: Macro timing ?

Postby admiki » Wed Mar 17, 2021 21:24

I don't know if this will be helpfull to you, but you can use joystick gremlin. It is a lot easier to make macro command than example above and you can edit timing between macro commands as well as in macro command itself.

condor64

Postby condor64 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 22:25

Thank you for these superb explanations. I understood the system, but I would like to know if it is possible for example to do: "G" (gear down "... x seconds of waiting before the next command ..." H "etc ... This so that the sequence of functions is deferred over time ...
thank you in advance

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:57

It is possible, from the Time Sets panel.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”