Gladiator NXT premium ministick mouse

Moderator: AdminGroup

ProtoCosmos

Gladiator NXT premium ministick mouse

Postby ProtoCosmos » Fri Mar 12, 2021 19:18

I received my stick yesterday and I have been playing around in the VKBDevCfg editor to get the ministick to function as a virtual mouse. Ideally, I would like to have the following behavior:
-Ministick center push toggles between ministick and POV hat modes (as in stock mode)
-in ministick modes, the RX and RY axes control the mouse cursor, rapid fire trigger controls left and right mouse buttons
-in POV hat mode, the ministick functions as the POV hat and the rapid fire trigger as two regular joystick buttons

I have managed to get the mouse cursor to move with the ministick, however this only works when I set the mouse to always on in the global tab which means the mouse control is active regardless of the ministick state. In the button logical layer there is an option to set a button to mouse on/off, however this does not appear to work regardless if I set it to the ministick pushbutton (which is grayed out in the logical layer tab) or any other button on the device. What am I missing? Is it possible to set a single button to control multiple functions, i.e. the ministick mode, mouse on/off and a shift button to differentiate between the two modes of the rapid trigger button?

ProtoCosmos

Re: Gladiator NXT premium ministick mouse

Postby ProtoCosmos » Fri Mar 12, 2021 23:54

The migs get to live another night but I managed to figure this out. The trick is to assign in the physical layer a normal button to the ministick push, then 3 boolean jump operations to unused lines from the ministick push line to three separate unused lines assigned to a shift, ministick mode and an alternate button to control mouse on/off.

dinosmike

Postby dinosmike » Tue Mar 30, 2021 20:35

I'm trying make the same as you. I can't control mouse, somebody can show a video tutorial?
This forum is alive or not?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 17:37

It’s alive if you keep track of your own posts. Your similar question has been answered, please don’t spread around.

dinosmike

Postby dinosmike » Wed Mar 31, 2021 17:44

Thank you! i'll see now! A question about mouse control is important!

Rasp

Postby Rasp » Sat May 14, 2022 0:40

Sorry to zombie this thread but is there a way to bind Shift to the ministick button? I would also like to set R and L mouse buttons to be active only when the ministick is in virtual mouse mode.

It seems that the JMP boolean function that @protocosmos used no longer exists? I cannot find it in the current manual or in the boolean menus.

pyrho

Postby pyrho » Wed Jul 06, 2022 0:15

Hi everyone,

I too am sorry to necro this thread, but I would like to achieve exactly what OP initial stated.
Unfortunately I was not able to decipher the solution that OP provided (and I've been trying for a few hours now x__x)

For clarity, what I'm trying to achieve is:

- at boot, ministick behaves as 4/8 way Hat
- when pressing the ministick, it controls the mouse and the rapid fire trigger acts as mouse buttons
- press again to go back to Hat

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

<3

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:18

1. Set the mouse as Relative, Always On.
f1.png

2. Set the ministick POV output to Mouse.
f2.png

3. Click on the ministick cell and set it to be switched by SubShift 1 command.
f3.png

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:24

4. Check the Poll option on the right side of the Physical Buttons chart, then pull the rapid trigger; click mouse on the cell that lights up on the chart.
In the new window set that button as ButtonS, direct the second click to button 41, click on the logical representation of button 41, set it up as Mice, Left Button, then close that window.
f4.png

5. Push the rapid trigger; click mouse on the cell that lights up on the chart.
In the new window set that button as ButtonS, direct the second click to button 42, click on the logical representation of button 42, set it up as Mice, Right Button, then close that window.
f5.png

6. Press the Set button to save changes.
f6.png

In this way you'll have the ministick in axes mode by default (sorry, can't have both POV mode and virtual mouse, it's either one or the other). Pressing the center push button of the ministick will make the ministick to act as a mouse and the rapid trigger to have left click on pull and right click on push.

pyrho

Postby pyrho » Wed Jul 06, 2022 22:45

Thank you for your detailed instructions on how to set this up! I've set it up as you instructed; works perfectly thanks to SubShift.

To get around the issue of not having a POV hat anymore, I've used "Axes2Buttons" to map the far extremities of each axes to a button, it's basically a 4 way hat this way!

Here's what I used:
Screenshot 2022-07-06 214209.png

Thank you again, I'm loving my NXT evo !

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”