Mini-stick combo / tempo modes and switch timings

Moderator: AdminGroup

Fri13

Mini-stick combo / tempo modes and switch timings

Postby Fri13 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 0:18

I have the MCG Pro that has two mini-sticks, one at the left and one at the top.
I have the left one to work as two modes:

1) Mini-stick with button press (default)
2) 4-way hat

So when I press and hold the hat long it will swap between those two modes.
The top hat is similar way, but I have it as default from VKB:

1) 8-way POV
2) Trim main axis + press to center

But questions are:

1) Can I adjust the timing it takes to switch between hat modes? Now it is something like 0.6-0.8 seconds, but I would like it to be longer like 2-3 seconds even, as I do not switch the modes mid flight but only when I switch aircraft in a DCS.

2) Can I adjust the speed that Main Axis trim function operates? Now it is couple seconds to go from center to far end, and I would like it to be much slower, like 10 seconds as then it would be more easily used for trim when small short push doesn't move it so much.

3) Can I have in both modes with a push function as a button (and then that long push to switch between)?

fallout9

Re: Mini-stick combo / tempo modes and switch timings

Postby fallout9 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:02

1. You could adjust the timing, but it won't get longer than 1 sec.
1.JPG

2. Yes, from Multiplier. There are also some adjustments for Trimmers on Global/Common chart, experiment with those too.
2.JPG

3. Check out this older reply. You could assign the top button to TempoB; this would provide the swap between modes on long press and a button as a short press - make sure you assign that button to an unoccupied cell, otherwise it might interfere with an existing button.
3.JPG

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”