how to bind a left mouse button click to VKB gunfighter3 pro

Moderator: AdminGroup

skypickle

how to bind a left mouse button click to VKB gunfighter3 pro

Postby skypickle » Tue Jan 26, 2021 22:58

I recently started using a VR headset with DCS. DCS actually projects a little white dot wherever you are looking inside the cockpit and the description of the switch/dial/control pops up when the dot hovers over it. Clicking the mouse allows activation of the control.

It would be useful if I did not need to remove my hands from the hotas and start searching for the mouse to click it. Is it possible to bind right and left mouse clicks to buttons on the VKB without needing to have the software running in game?

I also have rotation on the stick available but actually do not use it anymore since installing pedals. Can left and right rotation be bound to left and right mouse clicks?

fallout9

Re: how to bind a left mouse button click to VKB gunfighter3 pro

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 0:12

It is definitely possible. First you'll have to assign 2 buttons to your twist axis, like this. Then to assign those 2 new buttons to Mouse Left and Mouse Right through Logical layer.
If you need further details please specify what grip you have.

skypickle

Postby skypickle » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:26

Thank you for your reply. I have this stick:
Gunfighter Mk.III ‘Modern Combat Edition’ with the twist adapter.
I am rethinking the twist adapter and am wondering about simply assigning two buttons to these actions.
There is a 4 way hat on the right side of the top of the stick.
I would like to assign two of the motions to mouse clicks.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:52

Do the following:
- open VKBDevCfg and navigate to Global/Common. If you don't see the Mouse section close the program, go to its containing folder, open the file called zconfig.ini and add this line: User=Developer under [User] section, save and close it;
- set the Mouse as Relative and Always On (photo 1);
- now go to Profile/Buttons/Physical Layer, check the Poll box (1), activate the joystick button you want to use as right mouse click and click on the cell that's lighting up on the chart (2);
- in the new window click on the logical representation of that button (3), set it as Mice from the roll down menu (4) and also as Right Button (5);
- do the same for the left mouse button;
- press Set (6) to save changes.

1.JPG

2.JPG

scazchumley

Postby scazchumley » Tue Jun 08, 2021 15:20

@fallout9

I realize this is an older post and I'm not the OP, but I'm having an issue with the mouse not working anymore and was wondering if you had any pointers/ideas.

I'd initially set the trigger to mouse buttons (half for left mouse button, full for right mouse button) using the same process you outlined above.

It was working fine for a few months until just recently. While playing, the right stick (I have a mirrored set of Gladiator NXT Premiums) stopped responding (VKBConfig couldn't even access it).

I ended up having to flash the firmware on the stick to the latest version (2.025) and re-uploading my saved profile to the stick. After doing all of that, everything on the stick works as before, except for the mapping of the mouse buttons. When I look at the setup in VKBConfig, it looks fine (both "buttons" from the trigger are mapped to LMB and RMB). It's just that when I pull the trigger (half or full pull), neither of the mouse button actions are firing. Polling in VKBConfig does show the buttons are active (little box turns red).

Any ideas why this would not be working now?

Thanks in advance!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:09

Not without seeing what changes you made. Either upload your profile (or post link to it) or post screenshots with your settings.

scazchumley

Postby scazchumley » Wed Jun 09, 2021 13:52

Yeah, I guess that would help, eh?! ;-)

Reg#2 / Line 2 - This is my "half trigger pull" that I'm binding to the LMB:

Mouse config/setup:

Here's the zconfig.ini file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mryiwJeXuAz8vuDBB4ndXCbdBKoVzPjh/view?usp=sharing

And here's the saved profile from the stick:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n1SjgHne2cHifY8a1EAicmsNLJGSWh-d/view?usp=sharing

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:22

Profile/POVs: set the Output as Mouse and Active as Always (if you want to have the mouse on for both POV and axes modes).

scazchumley

Postby scazchumley » Thu Jun 10, 2021 14:10

That did it! Didn't know there was a new version of the config app, so was a bit confused at first (POV output dropdown didn't include "mouse" until after I upgraded).

Thanks!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:20

That's right, it changed recently; should've mentioned you need an update, sorry about it :)

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”