A couple questions with DevCfg and Gladiator NXT

Moderator: AdminGroup

tigoruel

A couple questions with DevCfg and Gladiator NXT

Postby tigoruel » Tue Jan 26, 2021 20:57

Hi All,

I received my Gladiator last week and now I'm having fun with DevConfig :-)

Thanks to the forum & manual I have already managed to change a couple items but I have some open questions and would appreciate some help from the community please:

1. Is it possible to create a virtual relative axis and to control it with two buttons or a rotary encoder ? I have seen that I could use the mini stick in relative axis mode and that's great, but I would like to use the left rotary encoder as a virtual axis if possible. I tried the rel axis mod and didn't manage to impact axis 7/8.

2. If 1. is doable, is it possible to assign two different axis thanks to the shift mod (7/8)?

3. What about the axis 7 and 8 shown by the tool for the gladiator ? I know it has only six physical axis and I guess the two others are here so that we can set up virtual axes, but I have never managed to impact them despite different setup. I even tried to reassign the mini stick to axes 7 and 8 instead of 5 and 6, after copying the config of the axes 5/6 to 7/8, but no visible impact in the test window.

4. LED question: in default mod the joystick starts with the pov and can shift to ministick by clicking on it, in which case a red light is shown at the top of the joystick. I changed the defaut setting to ministick and there is no more red led, even when I change from ministick to pov, is it possible to set it back ?

5. Can I use the mini stick to control axis 5/6 and by clikcing on it I move to 7/8 ? Like two mini stick modes instead of a mini stick and a pov.

I have not managed to get a throttle yet so I miss some axis as you can read :D

Thanks in advance for your help, I would really appreciate some light !

Thanks
Tigo

tigoruel

Re: A couple questions with DevCfg and Gladiator NXT

Postby tigoruel » Thu Jan 28, 2021 14:46

I've managed to answer some of my questions :-)

1. Yes, I was using Rel Axis button mode + relative axis mode while the correct setting is trimmer button mode and absolute axis.
2. Yes, as trimmer buttons can be allocated to different axies per shift mode.
3. Solved by answers above.
4. Not checked yet.

5. This is my main unsolved question : can I use the mini stick to control axis 5/6 and by clicking on it I move to axis 7/8 ? Like two mini stick modes instead of a mini stick and a pov. I really don't manage to achieve this and would appreciate some help please ! My objective is to have in flight simulator the mini stock for the view (axis 5/6, absolute) and for the trim (axis 7/8, relative), switching between the two using the push of the stick. Much more precision with the analog mini switch than with using buttons/pov.

Another solution could be to send me a TECS, just saying :-)

Thanks
Thibault

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:49

Do this for #5:
- set axes 7 and 8 as Relative in Profile/Axes and set them up as you like (speed, curve, centering etc) - photo1;
- set 2 unused buttons (I used 41 and 42 here) as AUX Axes, with Switch function and Alternate action; button 41 will switch axis 5 to axis 7 and button 42 would switch axis 6 to axis 8 - photo2;
- to send both buttons 41 and 42 to the same button, so you could switch both axes with the same button, set up Booleans, which would connect one Logical button 3 (the A2 button) to Physical button 41 and the other Logical button 3 to Physical button 42 - photo3.
- press Set button to save and TECS button for fast delivery :)))))))))

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

tigoruel

Postby tigoruel » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:40

Thanks fallout9! Much appreciated.

Ok for the first steps but I don't manage to set up Booleans: my screen looks different than yours (see attached) and I am not sure what to do, still discovering :-)

Thanks
Tigo

PS: in my screenshot I try to use button 13 (aka the press button of the mini stick, instead of button 3 in yours)
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2021-01-29 103758.png

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 19:27

Sorry Tigo, it's a different firmware, in beta but works good. Give it a try: firmware and software.
One of its advantages is that the Booleans won't occupy space from the buttons chart.

tigoruel

Postby tigoruel » Mon Feb 01, 2021 13:41

Thanks! Will look at it.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”