NXT - Does anyone have a simple step by step LED programming example

Moderator: AdminGroup

JM98

NXT - Does anyone have a simple step by step LED programming example

Postby JM98 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 15:12

Dear All,

although I have trolled the web and the forum, I am struggling with the VKBDevCfg guide. (I made the ini changes).
Frankly a bit daunting! A manage (just) to make a led do something but a small tutorial showing how to
I have a Gladiator NXT Premium but not sure what the LED numbers are or which are RGB, tow colour or simply on-off or other options)
(For example: is it possible to link button press 28 to the led next to it ? (on off or change colour)?
Is it possible to link a state of control in MSFT (say landing gear) to a specific led?

It would be great to have a simple guide to show the ins and outs and all(some) the possibilities re LED programming.

Many thanks!

Jaap

fallout9

Re: NXT - Does anyone have a simple step by step LED programming example

Postby fallout9 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:16

You could identify the LEDs numbers by going to Test/Misc, input your LED number under LED N and clicking and holding the Fast Test button. The LEDs will flsh on your joystick. When done you'll have to restart your joystick. The NXT is using LED 0 for the 2 lights on the base, LED 10 and LED 11 for the 2 lights on the head of the grip. You could assign them to any actions in Global/External/LEDs.
I can recommend reading the LEDs section from the manual for now, but we'll have a LED video tutorial coming out at some point.

JM98

Postby JM98 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:33

great many thanks! I will look at the manual again (daunting-i wish it had some examples of the possibilities) but very much looking forward to a future video.
so both LEDs in the base have the same number - must admit this confuses me a bit. I will try to play around some more and try to figure it out.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Tue Dec 08, 2020 14:24

Look here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1846, viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2256&p=22193&hilit=LED#p22193.
User guide https://yadi.sk/i/emoZcmpw7Kyo9w, Section 2.5 Indication settings.
Try
Any questions are welcome
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

JM98

Postby JM98 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 19:06

thank you, will tinker on the weekend. I think this will help! :D

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”