short / long press button with more than an action

Moderator: AdminGroup

pablete

short / long press button with more than an action

Postby pablete » Tue Oct 13, 2020 18:39

Hello

is would be possible to have a button with a short press that, for each pulsation, execute F2 / F3 / F4 (exterior views) , and a long press executes F1 (cockpit view).

I hope I have explained myself correctly

Thanks.

fallout9

Re: short / long press button with more than an action

Postby fallout9 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:47

No long press, but you could have a cyclic control over 1 button - with every click is cycling through 4 other buttons (like F1, F2, F3 and F4). If you like to try it do this:

- check the Poll option (1 in first picture);
- go to Profile/Buttons/Physical Layer and click on the cell lightening up on the chart when you click your desired joystick button (2 in first picture);
- in the new window set that button as Cyclic Switch (3 in first picture), with 4 positions (4) and first virtual button 41 (5);
- close that window;
- go to Global/Common and activate the Keyboard (1 in second picture);
- go to Profile/Buttons/Logical Layer and click on button 41 (1 in third picture);
- in the new window set that button as Keyboard (2 in third picture) and select the F1 key (3 in third picture);
- close the window, click on the button 42 and do the same, setting it up as F2; same for buttons 43 - F3 and 44 - F4;
- hit Set to save the changes to the profile.

a1.JPG

a2.JPG

a3.JPG

Alternatively, you could set up a button as Tempo3, which has only 3 controls (instead of 4, as you wanted): short press, long press and double click.

pablete

Re: short / long press button with more than an action

Postby pablete » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:46

short press, long press and double click in a button....woooow! I'm still not sure which option to choose,
Very useful, thanks for answering!

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”