Two DX buttons with the same press

Moderator: AdminGroup

VirusAM

Two DX buttons with the same press

Postby VirusAM » Wed Apr 01, 2020 13:11

Good morning, i am a new user of the VKB Gunfighter III, and i am having some difficulties with the software.
Before i had the thrustmaster warthog, and with TARGET software i was able to use with a single keypress two dx buttons (combining chain and tempo). In practice using the pinkie switch a short press was dx3 while a long one was both dx3 and dx20.
It was useful in dcs for example in the hornet as in this way i was able to have with this button both a modifier (for doubling functions) and the proper keypress as in the real jet. The important thing as that both dx keypresses were set up as "HOLD" so while i was pressing the buttons both were pressed.
Now i read the manual (not very clear for me) but i managed to find how to use the tempo function for a similar setup. And i managed but the problem is that using the tempo2 option when i do a short press i have only a short pulse of the first button (dx7 which is the MCG pro pinkie equivalent) and with a long press i have the hold of the other dx button (i used dx29) which i use as a modifier in DCS World. The problem is that with some aircrafts (The dcs Hornet and DCS harrier are the main ones for this use case) i need the first button press (dx7) to also be an hold (that is because trying to match the physical control with the real aircrafts i mapped that button as NWS steering, which for the Hornet and the Harrier needs to be hold and not pulse. And i need also another dx to map as modifier because i need also shifted functions).

TLDR

I will try to explain better. I need that a short press is only dx7 and a long press is both dx7 and dx29. Is there a way to do this in VKB software?
In Thrustmaster TARGET is possible and it is very easy to do (both gui and scripting), so i think it will be possible also in the very powerful (but difficult to understand for me) VKB device config software.
I attach a screenshot of the actual configuration for that button.

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance to everyone.

fallout9

Re: Two DX buttons with the same press

Postby fallout9 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:54

If you managed to get through the Target software you won't have any issues with VKBDeVCfg :). So in order to achieve that do as follows:
- click on the button you want to use in Profile/Buttons/Physical layer.
- in the new opened window set that button as Tempo (red1 in the picture).
- set the tempo as Tempo2 (red2) and define the second input wherever you want on the button map (in an unoccupied position, let's say 55) .
- press on the second button box (red3), unmark the AutoMapping box, mark the Use 2 buttons box and set the number of the button 55 from above.
- hit the Set button to save changes.
Attachments
s1.JPG

VirusAM

Postby VirusAM » Thu Apr 02, 2020 17:31

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

:)

It was so simple...i simply overlooked it.

Yes on target i was (am - still use the throttle and MFDs) quite proficient, and i liked the C like scripting language.
Thanks again

elobilo

Postby elobilo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 20:57

This doesn't work for me, How do you enable tempo for the lates. E.g. I want button 4 after long press to call button 33.

elobilo

Postby elobilo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 21:02

here is my settings attached, I wont save the use two buttons. when I close it and save after checking the use two buttons, it says nothing to save.
Attachments
Capture.PNG

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 22:46

What kind of grip do you have? If MCG, then the physical layout will be like in the pictures.
MCG corresponding line numbers.png

But Windows will see logical buttons that are bound to physical buttons, as shown in the second picture.
Logical.png

Those. pressing the physical 15 button (on the head on the left, red) will trigger 4 logical.
If you activate the AutoMapping checkbox, the logical will be linked to the physical one. Which can cause cross-presses from two places. For example, 4 physical button is to the left direction on HAT Manevr (3 and 4 are mixed up in the picture, old photo :( ) and 17 logical will work.
I advise you not to change the first default button when setting Tempo, but you can change the second one as you like. To assign a second long press to the red button, the settings should be as follows. Naturally, the settings must be written to the controller using the Set button.
Tempo 4-33.jpg

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”