MCG Pro folding trigger problems and a question about key assignment

Moderator: AdminGroup

Finnsky

MCG Pro folding trigger problems and a question about key assignment

Postby Finnsky » Fri Jan 24, 2020 20:56

Hello fine gentleman (and ladies),

a few days ago i got my Gunfighter MK III with a MCG Pro and what can I say, it is outstanding, absolutly perfect. I got it working pretty right right out of the box (even though I am sure that there is a lot I can still tweak) but two questions arose that I couldn't solve myself after actually reading the entire ~110 pages of the manual.

The first one is about the folding trigger. The manual states that it can be configured as 3 seperate buttons, which would be awesome to use for a master arm in DCS. So i ticked the boxes in the Axis2Button tab (same as I did for the break lever and that works perfect) but the button tester doesn't show anything when I change the trigger. If i untick the "pulse" command then button 28 (set as armed button) is light up constantly, no matter in which position the trigger is. The last stage of the trigger (the actual activation) works just fine without problems. Attached you will find the revelant pictures, I hope I am just missing something

My second question is about assigning keyboard keys to buttons. It works just fine once I learned how to do it but I wondered if it is possible to assign just "Shift" (or any other of the modifiers) to a key. I.e. I want to press "right shift" when I press the pinkie / ringfinger button. As you may know IL2 only accepts certain keys as modifiers. And since I need to assign a modifier to help with the jittery axis of my x52 throttle it would be great to just map "right Shift" to the button so my Zoom / RPM / Mixture dials on my throttle only work when the pinkie button is pressed. But so far I have not managed tp bind "shift" without any other key to a button.

Thank you guys so much in advance for you help!

fallout9

Re: MCG Pro folding trigger problems and a question about key assignment

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 22:03

Safe and Armed are modes. To get buttons on the trigger you'll have to activate Fire1 and Fire2 (just mark their boxes); the sliders beside them represent the distance on the trigger when they get active. If you have Pulse active then the button will be only pulsing; if it's not activated then the button is active as long as you keep pressing it.
Important - to have the brake and second trigger active you'll have to calibrate them together with the other axes: press Start Calibr button with the second trigger in Armed mode, raise it to Safe mode, put it back in Armed and squeeze it all the way. Same with the brake lever - squeeze it all the way.
You could also assign only Shift to a button, just scroll more on the dropdown list.
Last edited by fallout9 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add more info

Finnsky

Re: MCG Pro folding trigger problems and a question about key assignment

Postby Finnsky » Fri Jan 24, 2020 22:20

Thank you so much for your fast answer! It turns out I always calibrated the stick wrong and started with the trigger in the safe position. Now it works perfectly! I didn't have luck with the Shift key though. I checked the keybind list 4 times now key by key and everything is in there except for the 4 modifier keys shown on the right of the dropdown menu (Ctrl, Shift, Alt & Win).

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”