Can't replace KG12 with SCG-L

Moderator: AdminGroup

thunder686

Re: Can't replace KG12 with SCG-L

Postby thunder686 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 13:12

Okay, I figured it's the black box. It only recognizes the KG12 grip. I used my other black box to flash my SCG-L with no problems and then back to the original SCG grip. For some reason, this black box will only work with my KG12 grip. Do you know if that's the case with the KG12 set up? If so is it possible to re-flash this black box? Also, I don't think that I can return it as it does work with the KG12 grip. Do you know if the black box can be purchased separately? That would be the easiest I think for me.

I got it working but it's still not flashed. I used the pulldown menu to change the stick as you suggested. Then I changed the parameters to match my other SCG and wrote it to the stick. All of the buttons and axis work perfectly. At this point, I don't want to change anything due to the struggle it took to get here. I wanted to thank you for taking the time and patience in helping me to solve this problem. I still want to research why this black box acts differently than the others.
Last edited by thunder686 on Fri Jul 19, 2019 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 18:06

The BB shouldn't be locked on a single grip. I think your only option here is to give it a hard reset.

Here are the instructions from Alex's website:

1.3.1 Find the two pins marked "Boot" (see "Bootloader")
1.3.2 Turn on the controller in USB. Wait for 3 seconds.
1.3.3 Short the Boot pins on the board.
Wait for 3 seconds - the controller confirms the preparation by intensive flashing of the system LED.
Waiting for another 5 seconds - the SYS LED goes out (at this moment, the parameters will be reset to the default configuration).
1.3.4 After the SYS LED goes out, remove the jumper from Boot (if not remove, then after restart we will get the bootloader)
1.3.5 Wait for the restart of the controller.

If everything went well, then you get a clean controller with factory settings.

thunder686

Postby thunder686 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 18:15

I should try to do the reset but I do have it working at the moment although it's not the way it's intended to work. I think that I will use the stick for the rest of the day then try the reset. FAllout9 you're the best and thank you for all your help!

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”