Making Response Curve Mod Permanent

Moderator: AdminGroup

arduvkb

Making Response Curve Mod Permanent

Postby arduvkb » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:27

During configuration I changed a response curve. Clicked the box to make it permanent. As soon as I clicked save, the curve went back to a straight line.
The manual for the configure program sure makes me feel illiterate. ( Ok, please hold the applause...)

fallout9

Re: Making Response Curve Mod Permanent

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 16:19

Click Set to write the changes into your device, click Save to save the profile on your hard drive. Which one did you clicked?

arduvkb

Postby arduvkb » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:30

Fallout9 thanks for your help.
I followed the process listed in section 3.6 of the users guide, V.2.11 (02.02.2019), or at least I think I did. That guide states that the axis curve should be customized in the tab ( figure 3.12 ) via moving sliders. Then check Eq to permanently apply the changes. That is what I checked. I finished other programming related to other axes and then checked the block to end the calibration.
I will see if I can find the places you suggest to check. However, as long as you're here...
is the entire process as follows:
Start the configure process, modify the response curves ( checking blocks as you indicate ), and completing the process for the brake lever and other axis which are to be used as buttons ( I only need the X and Y axes for now, the rest will be used as buttons ), then select "end calibration", then return to the Action page, and select Save. ( Apparently this is one of my failures... )
If I am reading the pdf manual incorrectly or there are other sources, I'd greatly appreciate learning what I'm missing. I certainly did not see this process in the above manual.
Again, thanks for your help.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:04

Here's a guide so you could have your device properly flashed and calibrated before making any changes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ht8yMsdlCQ
After that, as a general rule, if you want to save any changes you made to axes or buttons you have to click the Set button to write the changes into the device. There's also a Save button which you could use to save your profile to your hard drive so you could load it back in case you're flashing a new firmware, resetting your device or if you made some changes you don't like.
To use modified curves mark the Eq boxes in front of the axes you want affected by the curves in Profile/ Axes/ Physical Axes. So if you want to modify pitch and roll axes (X and Y) mark the Eq box on axes 1 and 2 and modify the curves on rows 1 and 2. After all these don't forget to hit Set button.
If you'd like an option to this you could leave the Eq box unmarked, modify the curves for X and Y axes on 1 and 2 rows and set up a button as a Curve modifier (click on button and scroll down to Curves) - mark axes 1 and 2. This way you could have 2 ways of flight within a button press - one for lets say cruise and the other for dogfighting.

arduvkb

Postby arduvkb » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:16

Again, thanks for all your help.
I've been informed that this stick was already flashed when sent, and as it is new, has been correctly flashed at the factory. ( I did try to flash it earlier, but I don't believe that caused any issues. I can always repeat the process, as I believe I got that right before I saw the video and that just confirms what I did.)

To make changes to the response curve permanent, I followed your advice and checked Eq, set the curve on the axis ( X, #1 axis ) using the sliders, started the config operation, performed all the actions, then hit the set button, end calibration, and save. The modified response curve appeared to remain as modified. Great!

I also managed to get the left led on the box (marked "stick") to turn from green to blinking red. Amazing.
However, the stick seems to work regardless of red or blinking lights. ( The right. "sys" led has always been red... ). Apparently those lights follow their own paths...

After configuring the stick with the new response curve, I started the game to see the results. I have to say, since I pretty well maxed the curve in the X axis ( as far as I could tell), I expected my aircraft to roll at the slightest motion. It did not. However, I assume the game has some safeguard to prevent this as there are supposed to be relative differences in roll rate between various aircraft. If those performances could be significantly modified by joystick software, then the game would be altered beyond it's design.

However, I am happy that I am learning these things! Thanks for all your assistance.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:02

Wait, there's something wrong in quoted text. After setting the curve and checking the Eq boxes you should hit Set. There's no reason to calibrate in the middle of this process; actually you're supposed to get in there already calibrated.

arduvkb

Postby arduvkb » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:59

Fallout I really appreciate your patience.
Given your last post I opened the Device Config program and checked the X curve. Still as I set it. Nevertheless, to be certain I checked the Eq box and then checked Set. Hopefully this is the correct process.

Wish there were more simplified manuals for folks like me ( ... illiterate and mentally challenged. )

Thanks once again.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”