Question about 2nd trigger flip up functionality

Moderator: AdminGroup

ruskoz1

Question about 2nd trigger flip up functionality

Postby ruskoz1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:00

Hi I am trying to turn the flip up into a shift function. The problem is that flip up and the flip back down register as only one key press. So the result is that the shift function only works every other flip. I want it to work when flipped up position it is in shift mode. Then when flipped back down it is normal mode (non-shift). I messed around with the settings in the button mapping wizard but only porked my configuration. Any help from you pros would be greatly apprenticed...thanks.

Alex Oz

Re: Question about 2nd trigger flip up functionality

Postby Alex Oz » Wed Feb 13, 2019 23:13

Describe the algorithm for the points
N...

Now it is not clear
Крайние прошивки и софт / Latest firmware & software
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=908
http://alex-oz.strana.de

ruskoz1

Postby ruskoz1 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:25

Need all that just to do a 2nd trigger adjustment? okay thanks

1.gunfighter mk2 pro
2.v1.94b
3.not sure which springs but only 1 per cam.
4.not sure
5.vkb device config v0.87.05
Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Alex Oz

Postby Alex Oz » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:32

This isn't algorithm.
How it must work? By points.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=908

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Thu Feb 14, 2019 15:30

ruskoz1 wrote:Need all that just to do a 2nd trigger adjustment? okay thanks

1.gunfighter mk2 pro
2.v1.94b
3.not sure which springs but only 1 per cam.
4.not sure
5.vkb device config v0.87.05......

I think Alex just wants a little clearer description of what you want to happen so he can help tell you what programming you need.

What I believe you are saying is you want trigger flip up to be holding a button down while it is up, not just a single press as it flips. Then when you flip it back down, it has released that effective button press. That way it can be used as a shift or modifier. Is that what you mean?
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Alex Oz

Postby Alex Oz » Thu Feb 14, 2019 20:23

If this is true, then it’s just to deliver the virtual button to the physical layer.
This makes the virtual jumper:
MCG_Buttons.jpg

It will link the virtual button #25 with physical line #83
MCG_SAFE.jpg

MCG_JMP.jpg

in place of the physical line #83 position the function SHIFT1 ( momentary action)
MCG_SHIFT.jpg

Add a LED0 event for SHIFT1
MCG_SHIFT_LED.jpg

Profile for example
GF_MCG_PRO_TRIGGER_as_SHIFT1.zip
(1.19 KiB) Downloaded 290 times

Note - boolean functions is "listeners", they can be placed anywhere - but in the order of evaluation of the operands.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=908

ruskoz1

Postby ruskoz1 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:31

rtrski wrote:
What I believe you are saying is you want trigger flip up to be holding a button down while it is up, not just a single press as it flips. Then when you flip it back down, it has released that effective button press. That way it can be used as a shift or modifier. Is that what you mean?

Yes that is correct.

Alex, I tried the profile GF_MCG_PRO_TRIGGER_as_SHIFT1.zip...thank you but it did not seem to do the trick. It seems to have no real change on the out come in DCS. I do see that the blue light turns red on the black box when the trigger is flipped up.

I was hoping the 2nd trigger would function in three separate states.

1) Squeezed (pulled down) - button as it does, looks like it is physical layer input 24
2) In its middle position (relaxed) no button pressed or triggered.
3) trigger is in the up position - thus using a key press that is currently unused. Then when its flipped back down to the middle position it no longer registers the key press.

Then in the DCS control UI i will use the trigger in the 3rd state mention above to create a modifier. So when ever the trigger is up it will register as X + Z ( X = modifier, Z = assigned key to other buttons on joy). When in the 2nd it will only register as z.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 18:23

I tried Alex's solution and it worked. Here's what I did:
1. Open VKBDevCfg 0.89.18;
2. Load your profile;
3. Press Profile tab (lower left side); press Axes tab (middle left side), press Axes2Buttons tab (middle right side);
4. Tick the following: Enable MCG trigger and Safe. Make sure Armed and Pulse are unticked;
5. Press the Buttons tab (middle left side);
6. Find Button 81 by hovering the mouse over buttons. Click on it. New window will pop up. Open the drop-down menu and set it up as Boolean.
7. In the same window set the Operation as JMP.
8. In the same window set button 25 as Virtual in Operand 1 and button 83 as Physical in Operand 2. Close the window;
9. Now you should see Button 83 in white. Hover the mouse over it so you made sure it's button 83 and click on it;
10. From the drop-down menu set it up as Shift instead of Button. Close the window;
11. Click Set to write the parameters in your profile. Eventually Save the profile.

There is a problem with this trigger though and maybe Alex could look into it as, at least for me, the trigger doesn't always remember its settings. Sometimes I have to load the profile several times for it to get back to the profiles I set up. It is not related with the settings above, it does that as long it's programmed with anything else more than button #24 (trigger press).

Alex Oz

Postby Alex Oz » Sat Feb 16, 2019 20:33

To find a solution to some problem, you must:
1.Attach device profile
2.Describe the conditions of occurrence (how to reproduce it)

Please, understand that English is not my native language - therefore, the description should be as simple and clear as possible.
An incomprehensible problem has no solution.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=908

ruskoz1

Postby ruskoz1 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 0:31

fallout9 wrote:I tried Alex's solution and it worked. Here's what I did:
1. Open VKBDevCfg 0.89.18;
2. Load your profile;
3. Press Profile tab (lower left side); press Axes tab (middle left side), press Axes2Buttons tab (middle right side);
4. Tick the following: Enable MCG trigger and Safe. Make sure Armed and Pulse are unticked;
5. Press the Buttons tab (middle left side);
6. Find Button 81 by hovering the mouse over buttons. Click on it. New window will pop up. Open the drop-down menu and set it up as Boolean.
7. In the same window set the Operation as JMP.
8. In the same window set button 25 as Virtual in Operand 1 and button 83 as Physical in Operand 2. Close the window;
9. Now you should see Button 83 in white. Hover the mouse over it so you made sure it's button 83 and click on it;
10. From the drop-down menu set it up as Shift instead of Button. Close the window;
11. Click Set to write the parameters in your profile. Eventually Save the profile.

Thanks guys, but this produces the exact same result as Alexs's solution.

It works when flipped to the up position, so the shift is working in the up position, however when it is flipped back down to the middle position the shift state does not reset to an unshift state, Its stays in the shift state. I have to flip it back up again to get to an unshift state again. So every flip up it cycles back and forth between shift state to unshift state.

The goal is flipped up (up position) equals shift state and the flip down ( middle position) equals unshift state. All while the squeezed or down position is unchanged and a separate button.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:58

Here's what I have:
- picture 1 is trigger on Armed (middle position)
- picture 2 is trigger on Safe (up position).
A bit different in my case as I prefer to have the input on Armed position so that's why in my case it's button 28 instead of 25. But I followed exactly the same steps as above.

Is this what you're after?
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG

ruskoz1

Postby ruskoz1 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:20

humm...yours show 28 while mine is 24?

This is with the trigger in middle position
Untitled33.png

This is with trigger in the up position
Untitled44png.png

I want it to be shift on (modifer in DCS) in the up position and nonshift when in middle position.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:12

Button 24 represents trigger pressed (low), button 25 is trigger in Safe position (up) and button 28 is trigger in Armed position (middle). I stated in the previous post that in my pictures button 28 is on because that's how I set it up. If you're following Alex's pictures and my walkthrough you should end up with having button 24 active as long as you press the trigger, button 25 active as long as the trigger is in Safe position (up) and none of them active when the trigger is in Armed mode (middle).
If you followed the steps exactly and is still doesn't work it means the trigger axis is not calibrated properly; if the trigger is not calibrated properly it won't register anything else except of button 24.

Here's Rrohde's guide to calibrate the MCG Pro:
1. Start VKBDevcfg-C.
2. Click on the name of the joystick (top left window).
3. Flip the trigger 'up' (SAFE).
4. Return the trigger in the 'middle' position (ARMED); the contactless sensor will activate ARMED button.
5. Within VKBdevCfg, open Tools tab. Press Start Calibr. The SYS LED on the BlackBox will start blinking.
6. Fully squeeze the BRAKE (АВТ СТАРТ ТОРМОЗ) lever and release it.
7. Fully squeeze the foldable trigger. Let go to return it to middle position; then flip it 'up'.
8. Move the GATE CONT (УПРАВ СТРОБ) hat within its entire range (left/right/up/down).
9. Move the MASTER MODE (РЕЖИМ КБО) hat within its entire range (left/right/up/down).
10. Move the grip within its entire range in both pitch and roll (left/right/up/down).
(a) If T-Rudder pedals are connected, fully depress and release first the left pedal (important!), then the right one.
11. Press End Calibr. The SYS LED will stop blinking. The device will reboot.

ruskoz1

Postby ruskoz1 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:30

i have calibrated 5 times and followed the directions to the letter. I am still getting the same results. In DCS control UI when you flip the 2nd trigger up does it register as joy button 24 or 25? I get 24 and when I pull trigger down i get joy button 3.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:02

I'm not familiar with DCS setup unfortunately, but you could download http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/VKB_BtnTester.zip to check the buttons actuations. If this shows the same results you mentioned before it means you changed the default buttons configuration and in this case it would be hard to guide you to the desired resolve. Standard config button 3 is on the MANVR hat and button 24 is for trigger pressed.
If you still want to get there I'd suggest to save your profile (so you could get back to it later if you decide so) and hit the Default button so you'll get back to original settings. From there you could continue with the calibration and the walkthrough.

Out of curiosity, could you post screenshots with your buttons' physical and logical layers? I'll load up mine for exemplification:
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”