Elite Dangerous

Moderator: AdminGroup

TheAlchemist

Elite Dangerous

Postby TheAlchemist » Fri May 18, 2018 2:13

The Gladiator is great at flight sims however with ED it way too sensitive. I wondered how others went with this or even if someone has a cfg they are willing to share.

Cheers

Atriden

Re: Elite Dangerous

Postby Atriden » Tue Jul 17, 2018 23:06

Hi Mate,

I have been trying to do the same by using WIZZO and VKBDevcfg but its pretty hard to understand.

Have you found a way to make it less sensitive ?

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 0:04

Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Atriden

Postby Atriden » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:18

Hi Victorus,

I cannot seem to access the relative curves as shown in the manual https://imgur.com/a/lyX8cIp

Do you know where to access it from VKBDevcfg https://imgur.com/a/h3zkIoo?

Atriden

Postby Atriden » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:54

I finally found how to access the curves.https://imgur.com/a/h3zkIoo

However, I am not sure if it is working as intended as I am not experiencing any difference. I have checked the eq as suggested in the manual but it still wont apply.

Got any new suggestions ?

TheAlchemist

Postby TheAlchemist » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:47

I have kinda given up as I couldnt find any answers. Using the response curves works at supercruise etc but not at say docking speeds. This is where the stick lets itself down, imo.

Sideslip

Postby Sideslip » Sun Jul 22, 2018 22:06

The stick does not know when you are at super cruise or if you are docking... The response curve is either working or it is not. You of course have to check the box on the physical axis to enable the response curve, and you need to press the Set button or nothing will have changed on-board the stick/base.

Sideslip

Postby Sideslip » Sun Jul 22, 2018 22:18

Atriden wrote:I finally found how to access the curves.https://imgur.com/a/h3zkIoo

However, I am not sure if it is working as intended as I am not experiencing any difference. I have checked the eq as suggested in the manual but it still wont apply.

Got any new suggestions ?

- You say you checked the Eq box, yet your screenshots show you didn't.

- Unless you have some really weird control setup, it looks like you are applying a curve to the wrong axis (if somehow the stick was not set to axes 1 and 2). If however axes 1 and 2 are really your stick's movement, then you have axes 1 and 2 mode set to relative... YOU DO NOT FLY WITH A RELATIVE AXIS. So unless you have some crazy setup, you have your settings all wrong. You should probably reset the device to default and start over again.

- When setting a curve, 128 corresponds to "full travel". If you put 100% as anything less than 128, you will not be able to achieve 100% of the axis.

enibruT

Postby enibruT » Fri Dec 14, 2018 14:18

Hello,

I had the same problem on my Gladiator MK2.
I found that I did a mistake in my controls setup in ED : for the Y axis (as example), you can map "Y forward" and push your joystick forward. you can also do the same for "y backward" for example.
The result is : when you move forward just a bit your joystick, nothing happen even if you have dead zone setup at 0%. You have to really move forward your joystick to get the action without any slow curve. In the end, it is unplayable because every axis is too sensitive, in particular for roll and yaw.

The correct way to setup axis in ED is to only bind the axis in controls configuration : I made a picture to explain :

TheAlchemist

Postby TheAlchemist » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:32

I appreciate the response however the above graphic doesnt make sense. It appears you have turned off sidways thrust. If so how do yo do fine control for landing etc?

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Wed Dec 26, 2018 17:12

lateral thrust axis is one setting. Thrust left or thrust right are a digital button for each direction. They do the same thing, differently and don't both need to be mapped. You want to put the analog control for thrust into axis and leave the other two blank exactly as he is showing.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

TheAlchemist

Postby TheAlchemist » Thu Dec 27, 2018 0:33

Either way that still didnt fix it.

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:33

This is what it should look like..

Ecoline Crush

Postby Ecoline Crush » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:56

ddrake1984 wrote:You sound very immature, you havnt told us what your issue is, go have a tantrum, but we were here to help

I agree that help is being given. But telling him off wont make it better.

TheAlchemist wrote:Uncontrollabe. LOL. This is rubbish. Unsubscribing. Cyas. Idiots

As ddrake1984 has mentioned, you need to mention the specific problem you are still having so that it may be addressed.

I think the other user was not saying to disable all other thrust. Just that you bind them in the Elite Dangerous controls menu instead of some other software.
If the stick is showing erratic behavior, try resetting all settings in CFG software and the Elite menu.

If its still not precise enough for you, maybe it is a hardware issue. See if VKB can help with that. Post in technical support.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”