Assigning a shift key for VKB Gunfighter MkII

Moderator: AdminGroup

Beazil

Assigning a shift key for VKB Gunfighter MkII

Postby Beazil » Tue Feb 06, 2018 20:47

Hello. Having a very hard time using the vkbdevcfg-c program. I can assign a button - in this case the pinky switch - as a shift modifier, but the stick will not detect any shifted button states... in other words, I'm trying to double the amount of buttons on my stick using a shift modifier, but the stick is not detecting shifted buttons... what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Victorus

Re: Assigning a shift key for VKB Gunfighter MkII

Postby Victorus » Tue Feb 06, 2018 21:24

Please read and follow this post http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2762. It`s hard to cure by photo(.
Show screenshots of Buttons - physical and logical layers. Please.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Beazil

Postby Beazil » Wed Feb 21, 2018 0:54

I was able to figure it out. The trouble was that the key (#3 in this case) that I was trying to remap in the software from a "button" to a "shift key" was actually button number 7 in the software.
Using testing, it shows up as key #3, so it's easy to understand why this would be an issue to anyone new to the vkbconfig software.

Edit: Also noteworthy is that the pre made profile to turn your 7 key gunfighter into a 12 button gunfighter (via shift key) will not work with the latest software (VKBDevCfg-C_83_9_6). It reports being not compatible. FYI.

LeLv30_Superbus

Postby LeLv30_Superbus » Mon Jun 04, 2018 0:08

You figured it out by yourself the same night? That's fast - it took me two days.

Now trying to make the virtual joystick work. Two days hasn't been enough for that.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”