Relative Axis Mode - Master Mode (РЕЖИМ КБО) Hat Switch

Moderator: AdminGroup

Ron61

Re: Relative Axis Mode - Master Mode (РЕЖИМ КБО) Hat Switch

Postby Ron61 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 23:41

Try the latest firmware and configurator. It fixes this collision. Do not forget to say thanks to the great Alex Oz. Truly a man-wizard :D . Take from here.
I advise you to choose uSSw, as TempoB, in this case the central button itself is not lost. It is convenient to hang on it in DCS capture target, and with a modifier - reset capture.

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Thu Oct 04, 2018 16:57

Awesome!! Thank you Alex Oz for this QUICK FIX! YEA!! THANK YOU!!

Where is TempoB? I cannot find it this setting? I searched the VKB Device Config - User Guide for 'uSSw' and 'TempoB' and did not find any matches..
Last edited by Snacko on Thu Oct 04, 2018 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 17:16

In the manual, the description of new functions does not appear as quickly as they are baked by Alex Oz. Behind him is very difficult to keep up.
TempoB is in the drop-down menu of the uSSw setting.
I also suggest that you look at another feature in the POVs settings - the NumPad key combination with various special keyboard keys.

NumPad.png

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Thu Oct 04, 2018 23:09

Sorry, I cannot find the uSSw setting. Which tab is it on? And what does it do? I cannot read about it in the user guide, so I don't understand what it does.

I tried the Numpad Output for the POV type, but I don't understand what that does either. Does it send the Numpad keys? It asked me to enable the keyboard and I did enable it. But it doesn't send anything when I test it in the Device Config, or in Notepad++. It sends nothing, so I cannot guess what it does.

(Note Possible Bug: I set my #2 POV hat to LoRes 4w; Buttons L. I used to set the starting Butt# to 30, but it will not let me set it anymore. It always defaults to 100 every time. I think it's another bug. But I can go into all of my games and re-bind it again.)

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 23:36

I will make a video. If you have questions - ask, together we will find the answer to them.

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Fri Oct 05, 2018 18:17

Thanks for that video. I did not check the 'Keyboard' checkbox when I was testing. I can see it working now. Do you use the numpad for anything specific? In DCS it could be used for the Snapviews. Is that what you use it for?

And I see that the uSSw is the POV 'center' button assignment? So, you set that to TempoB, and that allows you to also use it as a button? But you also set the POV 2 to TempoB, and that center button it already working as a button? So, I am not sure what TempoB allows you to do? It does seem to allow the POV 1 center button to be used as a button. But POV2 center is already a button. So I'm a big confused exactly what it does...

Thanks again for your help!

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Mon Oct 08, 2018 17:51

This weekend I tested using the Numpad on the Hat for the Snapviews. But I didn't see any real benefit since I can assign the snapviews to the hat buttons without it being a Numpad. What do you use the Hat as a Numpad for? You seemed to see some extra benefit to using it as a Numpad?

I have the center button on the Master Mode set as TempoB. I don't really understand what that does??? It allows me to use it as a normal button? And I have set it as my TDC Down and it works. But in your video you also set the other Hat as TempoB? Why did you do that? It has a center button that works without setting TempoB. So I am not sure if TempoB does something more that I don't understand??

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:33

NumPad mode + extra keys was shown simply as another possible mode. Although with some limitations (not all NumPad keys are covered).
Agree, it is better to have such an opportunity than not to have it.
And TempoB shows that regardless of the POVs or Axes mode, we always have an additional central button.
How to use it - a lot of options. From resetting trimmers to neutral to locking a target, dropping a locking (+ modifier in DCS).

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Tue Oct 09, 2018 17:13

Thanks for the explanations.
By Default my POV #2 has a center button (#22/#8). So, I don't understand the purpose of making it TempoB. I guess it is not necessary for that hat.

Rlaxoxo

Postby Rlaxoxo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 16:58

What configurator did you take?

I'm trying to make my #2 POV hat into a 4 way hatswitch with temp but absolute axis still moves when i enable/disable POV hat mode

_____
EDIT:

Never mind updated my firmware from 1.94.5 to 1.95 (failed to see the firmware link)

Quick question.

What does NJOY Firmware does?

Ykon O'Clast

Postby Ykon O'Clast » Sun Oct 14, 2018 18:04

Hi, I just received my own Gunfighter2/MCG and I really like this relative axis functionality on the master mode hat.

Actually I like it so much that I don't want the POV function : it don't use it (I have a Track IR) and it is a mild nuisance to have to press the button for the hat to be in relative axis mode.

I must I am quite impressed with the VKBDevCfg utility : the number and depth of functionalities is quite astonishing. But it is also quite a technical software. After reading the manual, I must admit I found it quite complete but a bit light on the didactic side. While I was able to tweak some things (deadzones, axis mapping etc.) I must admit I am quite at a loss for this.

Could someone help me remove to POV function so that the master mode hat is simply always in relative axis mode (keeping the centering function) ?

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”