How to Calibrate your Gunfighter w/ MCG/MCG PRO correctly

Moderator: AdminGroup

rrohde

How to Calibrate your Gunfighter w/ MCG/MCG PRO correctly

Postby rrohde » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:45

The goal is to be able to capture all available axes in the calibration procedure: the Gunfighter's pitch and roll axes, as well as the ministick, trigger and brake axes in the MCG/MCG PRO. 

1) Don't use the native Windows calibration utility!
2) Use WIZZO GF Edition (http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/wizzo_gf_0_98.zip) -- or -- VKBDevCfg w/ MCG support (http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/VKBDev ... 83_8_5.zip) for calibration.
Note: Before continuing, ensure that the foldable trigger is in the center position (MCG PRO only)
3) Flip the foldable trigger in the up position (MCG PRO only).
4) Press the trigger, and then let go if it to return it to the center position (MCG PRO only).
5) Click ‘Start’ (calibration button) in WIZZO -- or -- click the ‘Start Calibr’ button in VKBdevCfg; the SYS LED on the Blackbox starts blinking (WIZZO displays CALIBRATING label).
6) Move the stick through its full range (pitch and roll axes).
7) Move MASTER MODE (РЕЖИМ КБО) ministick on the MCG’s head through its full range.
8 ) Move GATE CONT (УПРАВ СТРОБ) ministick on the MCG’s head through its full range.
9) Squeeze the BRAKE lever fully.
10) Move the foldable trigger forward and backward (full range) (MCG PRO only)
11) If VKB T-Rudders are connected to the Gunfighter's BlackBox - move the T-Rudder axis through its full range as well.
12) Click the 'STOP' button (WIZZO) -- or -- click the 'End Calibr' button (VKBdevCfg); the joystick will restart. WIZZO closes automatically (VKBdevCfg may be closed manually if desired).
13) Done.
Calibration information is stored within the Gunfighter's BlackBox.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

rtrski

Re: How to Calibrate your Gunfighter w/ MCG/MCG PRO correctly

Postby rtrski » Sun Dec 24, 2017 18:57

Thank you for this. My GF+MCGPro shows up a day or two after Xmas so I'm trying to plan my calibration and control mapping delight.

I can't find a lot about the differences or advantages of Wizzo vs. VKBDevCfg .... Googling it seems like Wizzo used to be Gladiator only, but is now GF compatible w/ newest edition.

I imagine from the names as least that VKBDevCfg offers many more options than just Wizzo, but is it overkill perhaps? A nice brief top level screenshot or two of each might be a nice posting on the VKBControllers US page to help cut down all the inevitable new guy messages you'll be deluged with.

The existing Quick guide is good for spring and clutch adjustment or replacement, with pics. The existing calibration note on the home page seems pretty good but doesn't go into anything beyond that, and has no pictures of the SW. Even a simple bullet list of relative features of each might be helpful. Otherwise I suppose I'll just guess that the VKBDevCfg is the 'more detailed' of the two and dive right into it, myself (then flail around helplessly a while, because it's how I -- somewhat -- learn 8-D ).

Oh, and p.s. Merry Xmas, guys! I'll understand if given that today as I post is Sunday and tomorrow is Xmas, any helpful additions occur only after I've got my hands on mine Tues or Weds. Maybe I can even record my running in circles in some fashion to help out the next wave of recipients.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Fri Dec 29, 2017 15:35

I have a tiny bit of confusion about the calibration steps in the OP above.

Step 3, foldable trigger is UP.
Step 4, main trigger is held squeezed all the way but then relaxed to be at the 'first' position when you begin calibration. Foldable trigger is presumably still UP.
Step 5-9 are various axis moves.
But Step 10 begins with 'move foldable trigger forward and backward' here. On VKBControllers.com step 10 is:
Move the foldable trigger to the “up” position, squeeze it, and then let go of it – this moves it through its full range (MCG PRO only).

In either case, you begin step 10 with the folding trigger 'UP' based on the prior sequence. So should one flip it down, then up, then down again and squeeze thru full range? Or does it really matter?

I only ask because I'm having a minor issue with button #25 registering as a 'held press' with my foldable trigger DOWN, not UP as I keep reading it should be elsewhere. I can't tell if I"ve goofed up calibration or if I have a different unrelated issue altogether.

----
Also regarding my Wizzo vs. VKBDevCfg question, never mind. Seems like Wizzo is a nice graphical interface but with a lot less actual detailed control than VKBDevCfg so I'll be using the latter. Maybe. If I'm not too dumb. ;-)
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!

eosmundson

Postby eosmundson » Fri Dec 29, 2017 20:35

Hi rtski,
I believe before you even press the the "Start" or "Start Calibr" button, you flip the trigger up, then down.
Then you start the calibration process. When you get to step 10, you flip it up, then down and all the way to pressing the trigger.
You don't squeeze the main 2-stage trigger at all for the calibration process. It's only for the axes.
That's how I did it and I don't have any issues with it.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Fri Dec 29, 2017 23:40

Yeah, that seems to work too. I agree with everything you said except the bolded line...having the main trigger in halfway seems to be instructed before you hit Start Calibr (Step 4), but I agree you never actually use the main trigger once you've started, just axes, the 2 analog hats, brake, and folding trigger.

EDIT -in the Official Announcements forum there's a new procedure that does exactly what you said. Only flip up and down the folding trigger, then start calibration. The rest of the axes are in a different order too but that seems to not be terribly 'mandatory' after getting it into the cal start state.

azmodiuz

Postby azmodiuz » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:42

My "Gate Cont" is not reading any input ever, it's the POV2 normally right ?

How do I fix it ? Does calibration enable it ?

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:42

azmodiuz wrote:How do I fix it?

Please read this post http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2762.
We will only be able to help when we have full information about your problem fully supported by all relevant images.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”